Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Breaking a transit flight - can I retrieve my luggage mid-way?

You weren't accidentally bragging then? Looked like it to me.

She's quite special, you have to be to try and call someone up as a homophobe but in the process exonerate that person and indicate your own latent homophobia. Manter, effeminacy and homosexuality are not the same thing.

You weren't accidentally bragging then? Looked like it to me.
Or simply, as part of a conversation, pointing out that I've done what the OP proposes to do, and it isn't scary, illegal, impossible or likely to turn you into a character in an old film? You could take either view. I wonder why you chose the one you did?

If you want to fly to Tokyo and back the most convenient option is to fly non-stop on BA, JAL or ANA. If Turkish Airlines would like your money they must offer a discount on what these direct carriers offer. However if you wanted to fly London-Tokyo-Istanbul and wanted direct flights then you would need to fly with Turkish airlines as they are the only carrier who flies direct Tokyo-Istanbul and therefore do not need to offer a discount, so could charge £1000 for this, whereas they'd charge £500 for London-Istanbul-Tokyo-Istanbul-London. So in the eyes of the airlines anyone buying the cheaper ticket with the intention of not using the last leg is setting out to rip them off.

Meh, whatever the excuse charging people more for less is a cunt's trick.

Charging people with lots of money full whack in order to subsidise cheaper air travel for people without as much money is ok though?

Sounds like they're charging whatever they can get away with charging and they give not a tinker's fuck about whether poor people can travel or not.

Sounds like they're charging whatever they can get away with charging and they give not a tinker's fuck about whether poor people can travel or not.
Maybe. But it sounds to me like they're charging full whack wherever they can so that they can carry on with cheaper flights across the board. I'm not a travel agent though, so I don't really know.

Someone who needs to travel London - Tokyo - Istanbul is not necessarily richer then someone who needs to travel London - Tokyo return. Both of them ar richer then me though, so fuck 'em.

on a micro level, the T&C of say P&O x channel ferries do say they will charge a supplement between the cost of a day return and a single, should you decide to just take the one way option and bin the return leg. I have done this a couple of times & never got done- was a few years ago though.I may have even turned up at Dover and paid cash at the terminal though. I cant imagine any business would allow this kind of loophole to exist without some kind of last resort recourse

I'd hope people wouldn't blindly follow suggestions on forums without checking with some form of authorities! Kindly refrain from being so revolting. I've taught three year olds more polite and maturer than that.

Back
Top Bottom