Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Breaking a transit flight - can I retrieve my luggage mid-way?

This is why no-one wants their child to grow up to be a travel agent. Their authority and expertise is regularly and increasingly undermined by uppity civilians and this challenge to their value as intermediaries is not only bad for their mental health, it also reduces the incentive for operators to pay them commissions.

This is why no-one wants their child to grow up to be a travel agent. Their authority and expertise is regularly and increasingly undermined by uppity civilians and this challenge to their value as intermediaries is not only bad for their mental health, it also reduces the incentive for operators to pay them commissions.

makes us homophobes too.

What the fuck are you saying here Manter ?

You fucking what?
You can read. I don't know what your problem is- I have no idea what made you wade in with abuse in the first place- but there are words you don't say unless you're a bigot. Maybe when the red mist lifts/you dry out/whatever else is the matter with you you'll apologise, until then you and your pretty nasty attitudes are going on ignore.

You can read. I don't know what your problem is- I have no idea what made you wade in with abuse in the first place- but there are words you don't say unless you're a bigot. Maybe when the red mist lifts/you dry out/whatever else is the matter with you you'll apologise, until then you and your pretty nasty attitudes are going on ignore.

Fuck right off with that shit you utter wanker.

Is ponce always a term for a gay person?
I though there was another meaning.

It's simply and straightforwardly someone who lives on immoral earnings. It doesn't mean a gay person at all as far as I know.

For the avoidance of doubt, a past in professional services doesn't count as immoral earnings unless the profession is the oldest one.

It's simply and straightforwardly someone who lives on immoral earnings. It doesn't mean a gay person at all as far as I know.

For the avoidance of doubt, a past in professional services doesn't count as immoral earnings unless the profession is the oldest one.
The google tells me its either an effeminate man, or a person who lives off a prostitutes money.

Um, kettle calling the pot black?

You really can fuck off. The OP asks advice, you pottle along and advise taking just hand luggage on a multi-trip itinerary and if that fails to feign illness at your transit point, leaving him open to Turkish hospital bills, not to mention a very genuine possibility of the airline suing for costs incurred from the delay your advice has caused.

miss direct said:
Poor George and Bill.

Quite.

I really don't appreciate the constant swearing. I've been a member of urban 75 for more than 10 years (!) and have found it to be a helpful, interesting place. This is the first time I've been insulted like this. If you disagree, fine, if you want to discuss, fine, but why resort to such horrible language? Is it because you're behind a screen, or would you say the same words to my face?

My comment, along with others on here, are merely suggestions and not legal advice. I'd suggest that G and B ask on a dedicated travel forum like http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php

I don't see much of it in the threads I tend to frequent, ie what's for lunch/breakfast/dinner, although I'm sure b what's his name would find something to get angry about.

I've just been listened to You and Yours on R4. A bloke got pursued in the US for doing exactly this and they had a travel expert on saying pretty much what Bahnhof Strasse said and actually recommending you don't do it at all because airlines are getting tougher about it.

Nothing to do with Midnight Express tho

We had a thread about this last year with trains. About the "buying a cheaper ticket that goes further and getting off early" bit, anyway. Seems that the trains take it very seriously and do not like it at all.

It's counterintuitive, clearly, but there is a bizzare business justification for the rule. Can't recall it now, though.

We had a thread about this last year with trains. About the "buying a cheaper ticket that goes further and getting off early" bit, anyway. Seems that the trains take it very seriously and do not like it at all.

It's counterintuitive, clearly, but there is a bizzare business justification for the rule. Can't recall it now, though.

We did it, it was my thread after I got shafted by South West Trains. It ended up in a similar bunfight.

has Bungle73 been called to this thread yet?

trains can piss off, the gouging bastards. I alight and disembark where I like. #faredodgetilliDie
Then buy a ticket that allows it. It's not hard.......
We did it, it was my thread after I got shafted by South West Trains. It ended up in a similar bunfight.

has Bungle73 been called to this thread yet?
No you didn't You bought a ticket from a discount website, yet expected to get the same restrictions as a full price ticket, and then decided that the very, very simple rules that you agreed to when you purchased your ticket shouldn't apply to you.

And for your information, those rules were introduced BR! So try again.

This will be my one and only post in this read.

Back
Top Bottom