Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London: the unlockening/relockening

Probably safe to say that we are not currently in an "unlockening" phase.

Is that the same Sadiq Khan who didn't want London to go into Tier 3 as late as 10 Dec? :(

Apparently, he has now also called for masks to be worn outside and "safer measures" for workplaces which I am in favour of - but why everything so late?😭

Is that the same Sadiq Khan who didn't want London to go into Tier 3 as late as 10 Dec? :(

Apparently, he has now also called for masks to be worn outside and "safer measures" for workplaces which I am in favour of - but why everything so late?😭

Do you have a link to anything he's said about "safer measures for workplaces"?

It doesn't appear to be mentioned here for instance
Mr Khan is warning that London is "at crisis point". "If we do not take immediate action now, our NHS could be overwhelmed and more people will die," he said. "Londoners continue to make huge sacrifices and I am today imploring them to please stay at home unless it is absolutely necessary for you to leave. Stay at home to protect yourself, your family, friends and other Londoners and to protect our NHS."
He said he had written to Prime Minister Boris Johnson asking for more financial support for Londoners who need to self-isolate and are unable to work, and for daily vaccination data. Mr Khan also called for the closure of places of worship and for face masks to be worn routinely outside the home, including in crowded places and supermarket queues, in a bid to curb case numbers.

We certainly need someone in Khan's position to start talking about "safer measures for workplaces" , so I too was hoping he might have said something along those lines :(

Agreed. But sadly I think you were right, I have not come across it again. I may have misheard "something something places of worship" as workplaces.

Back
Top Bottom