Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Student protests - Wed 8th Dec+ Thurs 9th

Excuse me, but WTF are you dribbling on about?

I've shown no "outrage" over Gilmour. I pointed out he had apologised, referred to him as a bit of a dick and laughed at the fact that he was tripping his nuts off - no "outrage" there, you dumb fuck.

Checking back, it's clear you're correct and that I was mistaken in lumping you in with the usual suspects. I apologise. I'm glad that you're supporting the protests.

Bloody hell.

It's shocking enough that a young protester, Alfie Meadows, had to undergo an operation to treat bleeding on the brain after being hit on the head by a police truncheon during Thursday's tuition fees demonstration. But this interview with his mother is really shocking: Chelsea & Westminster hospital tried to turn him away because it said it had been reserved for 'police only'.

It took the intervention of the understandably furious ambulance driver to ensure that Alfie received treatment for his serious injuries - based on clinical need, not whether he was wearing a uniform. The Independent Police Complaints Commission are apparently investigating, for all the difference that will make - but in the mean time, Professor Sir Christopher Edwards, the Chair of the Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, as well its Chief Executive Heather Lawrence, have some serious explaining to do.

http://www.blowe.org.uk/2010/12/police-only-hospital-tries-to-turn-away.html

He's still loathed by many in Aus/NZ to this day for the gross fuck up in the Dardanelles (even though there were many more Brits involved and some French it was a much higher portion of the populations of Aus/NZ.He's also loathed due to the cock up with the defence of Singapore.

Or rather, the lack of anything approaching one.

Anonymous thug at the protest.

Most likely she screwed up when changing into her PSU kit and forgot to put on her flashes but the atttitude really sucks and given the huge gulf of trust between the met and protesters a reall dumb thing to do. Given her number is known to the person making the youtube video I am guessing they caved in and gave her number after the video stops......

Inquiries coming, I reckon there is a lot of bad press coming the way of the police after all this. I dont think they are getting away from this mess with a clean pair of heals. Starting from the kettling on the 24th and the lies about that bloody van they are not going to look too clever when questions are being asked in a couple of months time.

Force Z was his zany idea of intimidating the 'wogs', yep they had the Yamato being comisioned and POW and Repluse are going to put the shits up them.

Both of which, IIRC, were sent to patrol the wrong sector, so that they were a good day and a half's steam from Singapore city.
And wasn't there some fuckwittery where the OIC had static artillery (former naval guns) re-mounted so that they faced away from the most likely route the Japanese would take?

You need to summarise the saucy bits as people are afflicted by link clicking laziness.
Lass claims she was hit on the head with a baton, police initially refuse to send in their first aider trained riot cops in full PSU kit then it takes 2 hours for an ambulance to reach her.

Given batton strikes to the head are unreasonable force in most scenarios, there seems a fair few of them doing the rounds.

Both of which, IIRC, were sent to patrol the wrong sector, so that they were a good day and a half's steam from Singapore city.
And wasn't there some fuckwittery where the OIC had static artillery (former naval guns) re-mounted so that they faced away from the most likely route the Japanese would take?

And let's not forget the inter-Allied debacle that was the Battle of the Java Sea, while we're considering ill-advised naval actions.

Lass claims she was hit on the head with a baton, police initially refuse to send in their first aider trained riot cops in full PSU kit then it takes 2 hours for an ambulance to reach her.

Given batton strikes to the head are unreasonable force in most scenarios, there seems a fair few of them doing the rounds.
they're not supposed to hit anyone on the head in a baton charge are they? just arms and legs?

I was just about to post that ymu. Disgusting to think that the hospital would turn away anyone with a brain injury, props to the Ambulance driver for kicking off and getting him treatment. I wouldn't be as angry if it was just a broken wrist or other such none-life-threatening injury but that is obscene.

they're not supposed to hit anyone on the head in a baton charge are they? just arms and legs?
A blow to the head with that weapon by a civilian is pretty close to attempted murder and the police are only supposed to hit at the head in very extreme circumstances.

I was just about to post that ymu. Disgusting to think that the hospital would turn away anyone with a brain injury, props to the Ambulance driver for kicking off and getting him treatment. I wouldn't be as angry if it was just a broken wrist or other such none-life-threatening injury but that is obscene.

One law for the boss class and their dogs, another for the oppressed majority.

So it goes.

A blow to the head with that weapon by a civilian is pretty close to attempted murder and the police are only supposed to hit at the head in very extreme circumstances.

They're obviously interpreting "extreme circumstances" somewhat more broadly than any rational person would.

Most likely she screwed up when changing into her PSU kit and forgot to put on her flashes but the atttitude really sucks and given the huge gulf of trust between the met and protesters a reall dumb thing to do. Given her number is known to the person making the youtube video I am guessing they caved in and gave her number after the video stops......

Inquiries coming, I reckon there is a lot of bad press coming the way of the police after all this. I dont think they are getting away from this mess with a clean pair of heals. Starting from the kettling on the 24th and the lies about that bloody van they are not going to look too clever when questions are being asked in a couple of months time.
That's the number of the other officer thug, not the thug concealing their identity.

They're obviously interpreting "extreme circumstances" somewhat more broadly than any rational person would.
Take the same person, take them out of the uniform and out of the circumstances and they would probibly give you a wonderful well reasoned explanation of extreme circumstances that none but the most hardline here would cast doubt on. They know right from wrong.

When they put on the uniform and get they swept away in the tribal tide of agro on a demonstration then the rationality leaves. Striking someone with blows to the head is just dumb, its career threatening and even jail threatening in the day of handset cameras and youtube. But still in the febrile heat of battle they do it. You can train people out of getting into that state, but it takes will from on high.

Take the same person, take them out of the uniform and out of the circumstances and they would probibly give you a wonderful well reasoned explanation of extreme circumstances that none but the most hardline here would cast doubt on. They know right from wrong.

When they put on the uniform and get they swept away in the tribal tide of agro on a demonstration then the rationality leaves. Striking someone with blows to the head is just dumb, its career threatening and even jail threatening in the day of handset cameras and youtube. But still in the febrile heat of battle they do it. You can train people out of getting into that state, but it takes will from on high.
But it's not though is it? Time and again, for fucking decades, we have seen cops get away with battering people with impunity. They know nothing will happen if they crack skulls, so .....they crack skulls.

We have waited for weeks now to see if the TUC will adjust it’s position and call trade unions to support the students fight against the fees and cuts, the silence as predicted is deafening.

After the hideously inaccurate and biased media reporting of the December 9th student mobilisation in the capital, we feel moved to make a direct appeal to all trade union members in Norfolk and beyond.

We can no longer sit and wait for the TUC mobilisation in March 2011 while young people are being beaten to the floor by the Metropolitan Police. The time to act is now.

We urge all Trade Union members to travel to London on Monday 20 December, 2010 to assemble with the students at 12:00 at Piccadilly Circus. Look deep into your consciences, the time for solidarity is now.

Inaction is no longer acceptable!

http://norfolknonaligned.wordpress....-youth-and-leave-the-tuc-behind-if-necessary/

Monday 20th? has something been called for then? schools in brum (and presumably elsewhere) break up on the 17th, so loads of school kids and teachers could be out on that day..

A respectful, if romantic, view of the kind of arseholes attracted to joining the police 'service'.

Back
Top Bottom