Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Songs

Sorry andysays I meant to quote properly, my phone keeps messing up formatting. That Ella and Louis album is fantastic .. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong .. on the same album? Just about the greatest thing in the world.

What I'm talking about with the socks reference is that in the cover photo, LA has his socks rolled down not folded and it's so idiosyncratic, low-key cool and I love him for it :thumbs:

Sorry andysays I meant to quote properly, my phone keeps messing up formatting. That Ella and Louis album is fantastic .. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong .. on the same album? Just about the greatest thing in the world.

What I'm talking about with the socks reference is that in the cover photo, LA has his socks rolled down not folded and it's so idiosyncratic, low-key cool and I love him for it :thumbs:

Yeah, it's a great album. I think there's about three albums worth of stuff they recorded together.

And Louis' socks are about 100 times cooler than trainer socks.

That particular song is kind of the story of how my Granny met my Grandfather, so it has a special place in my heart as a result.

Back
Top Bottom