Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London Songs

I think this is pretty much the only notable song ever to have been written about or by someone from London:

Some very obvious Clash songs. Too obvious to mention except I just wanted to say I never liked the track London Calling (Unpopular Opinions thread>>>>>). :( Guns of Brixton however, is excellent.

Some very obvious Clash songs. Too obvious to mention except I just wanted to say I never liked the track London Calling (Unpopular Opinions thread>>>>>). :( Guns of Brixton however, is excellent.

'bankrobber' isn't specifically london, but the video is c. 1980 lewisham

big audio dynamite also have a few london songs - 'tighten up vol 88' (brixton), 'the battle of all saints road' and 'harrow road'

'bankrobber' isn't specifically london, but the video is c. 1980 lewisham

big audio dynamite also have a few london songs - 'tighten up vol 88' (brixton), 'the battle of all saints road' and 'harrow road'
And beyond the London Calling album, the Clash had White Man in Hammersmith Palais, Capital Radio, Guns on The Roof (pretty sure the pigeon shooting was on a London roof!), London's Burning, Stay Free (London references). Probably lots of others.

Edit: including this one, that I'd never heard until 2 minutes ago:

Back
Top Bottom