Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

List Brady's -- please sign the pledge

brixtonman said:
I think signing a pledge on the internet for this is of no relevance.

You're sort of right - signing the pledge on it's own would be of little relivance. But don't forget people are pledging to help IntoStella write the application as well. That is relivant (and a bit of a first).

memespring said:
You're sort of right - signing the pledge on it's own would be of little relivance. But don't forget people are pledging to help IntoStella write the application as well. That is relivant (and a bit of a first).
It's also a measure of the extent of community support.

More good news -- I have heard back from someone else at the very helpful Victorian Society, who is trying to get Metro to do a piece about saving buildings. She is very keen for Brady's to be part of it. She also advised getting on to the SLP.

ba-doinnnnng!

We're having a meeting this Wednesday in the Trinty at 7.30.

Hope to see lots of you there with ideas/comments etc. What we could really do with now are some volunteers to do a little research work into the history of Brady's. It should be interesting.

IntoStella said:
What we could really do with now are some volunteers to do a little research work into the history of Brady's.
Just a thought, but wouldn't you be better off calling it the Railway Hotel seeing as that's what it was built as and that's what it spent the greater part of its time being known as?

After all, 'Brady's' has a comparatively very short history on that site...

editor said:
Just a thought, but wouldn't you be better off calling it the Railway Hotel seeing as that's what it was built as and that's what it spent the greater part of its time being known as?

After all, 'Brady's' has a comparatively very short history on that site...
Could do. I'll certainly bring it up on Wednesday. I have no strong feelings either way, though I'd imagine it is better known as Brady's by the public, not least because of the Brady's of Brixton sign.

IntoStella said:
We're having a meeting this Wednesday in the Trinty at 7.30.

Hope to see lots of you there with ideas/comments etc. What we could really do with now are some volunteers to do a little research work into the history of Brady's. It should be interesting.

Is this still on? (or are U75 posters barred from the republic of Trinity Gardens after this week?)

Tomorrow a presentation is being given at City Hall to try to secure funding to get the building up and running again.:)

IS,

good to see you here again :)

couldn't sign just there as pop up blocker or somesuch..
will try with my laptop another day..

I would sign the pledge but can't as it expired some time ago ...

So, does anyone know what happened to the listing aplication in the meantime? Did it ever happen?

Back
Top Bottom