Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

List Brady's -- please sign the pledge

IntoStella

Banned
Banned
I have finally got around to making, as promised, a pledge at pledgebank.com to get off the ground the campaign to list Brady's clocktower and bring the building back into community use.

It's at:

www.pledgebank.com/bradys

Please sign up for the sake of this beautiful, much loved and much-neglected Brixton landmark. You don't have to be a local resident. :)

8 already isnt bad! :) Any idea where the history buff/photographer are going to come from?

If you can make use of mybrixton.org wiki for drafing the application go for it.

i've posted this on the HDIF messageboard too. might help get a few more signatures.

wouldn't the editor qualify as a local photographer? and historian for that matter - he certainly does a local of historical work on the main u75 site.

ianw said:
i've posted this on the HDIF messageboard too. might help get a few more signatures.

wouldn't the editor qualify as a local photographer? and historian for that matter - he certainly does a local of historical work on the main u75 site.

This is what is needed/recomended:

From BuildingConservation.com
A proposal for listing should be supported by a location map, a brief description of the building with the building date (if known) and any other historical or architectural information which makes the building special. The written material should be supplemented by photographs of the building, both external elevations and internal details if possible. Good clear photographs help enormously because they form the basis of the initial sift. If the inspector decides that the building is worth a site visit it will help him or her to have a name and telephone number to contact for access.

Donna Ferentes said:
Well, there's fourteen people have signed up and I'm not sure any of them are you.

OK, now sorted and my name appears. Should be 18 now. I don't have easy/instant access to my work email on my home PC, and was only able to confirm my signature this morning :)

Was only sure of the procedure once I saw that Pledgebank email this morning, I did what it asked :)

Got mixed feelings about this. I know the caretaker of the place pretty well, and as its his only source of income (AFAIK) he'd be a bit screwed if it came back into operation.

I would love to see it back as a working pub/venue though, it's still got the basic structure (bar etc) in place inside. Just be very sad to see the old boy destitute. That's might be a selfish reason not to sign it, but there you go.

You beauties

The pledge is already successful but please keep signing as it's an effective way of showing the extent of public support for preserving the clocktower and bringing the building back into community use.

Many, many thanks to everyone who has signed so far. :)

I thought you could mail signatories through the pledgebank site but if you can, I can't work out how to do it. :oops: :oops:

Memespring? Help! :oops:

nipsla said:
I've done it before - just pmed you with how to. :)
Alas, I am on one of Steve Jobs's computers for dimwitted media muppets and am having compatibility probs. :oops:

I'll try it on a pc at lunchtime.

Back
Top Bottom