Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

League 1 21-22

technical

stripey
A late start to this thread but thought I’d make the most of Wednesday being top of the league as most likely won’t last - plus I know there’s at least one Rotherham supporter out there :cool:.

Great win yesterday for us - we haven’t looked totally convincing so far, but three wins out of four and still yet to concede a goal suggests a competitive campaign at least hopefully. And would seem Darren Moore has brought some stability to the club but maybe that’s also due to the owner being stuck in Thailand

Absolutely buzzing after AFCW’s first ever home victory (in front of fans) at our new Plough Lane stadium. Came back from behind against high-flying Oxford Utd to finish 3-1. The ground was rocking, and rightly so.

I am lucky enough to have got a season ticket for the home end, which also happens to be safe standing. Cracking atmosphere and the kind of landmark match one can tell people years down the line ‘I was there’.

Absolutely buzzing after AFCW’s first ever home victory (in front of fans) at our new Plough Lane stadium. Came back from behind against high-flying Oxford Utd to finish 3-1. The ground was rocking, and rightly so.

I am lucky enough to have got a season ticket for the home end, which also happens to be safe standing. Cracking atmosphere and the kind of landmark match one can tell people years down the line ‘I was there’.
Nice to see you back at Plough Lane, my only visit to the old place was in the old 3rd division in the 83/84 season to see Sheffield United get beat 3-1. Ironically Oxford won the league that season with Wimbledon finishing second and the Blades third.

Nice to see you back at Plough Lane, my only visit to the old place was in the old 3rd division in the 83/84 season to see Sheffield United get beat 3-1. Ironically Oxford won the league that season with Wimbledon finishing second and the Blades third.
When I first came to the UK and became a Dons fan, we had already moved out of the old Plough Lane. For what I hear from my mates, it wasn’t exactly Wembley :D

When I first came to the UK and became a Dons fan, we had already moved out of the old Plough Lane. For what I hear from my mates, it wasn’t exactly Wembley :D
It wasn’t good and it’s hard to believe looking back that it hosted top flight football.

Obviously pleased to see Wimbledon back home, but have to admit to having slightly mixed feelings as a result of the dog track going. I know greyhound racing is a dying sport and there's a lot to dislike about the treatment of animals, but coming from a greyhound training family and having many happy memories of Wimbledon stadium (and White City, Catford and Walthamstow etc) i was sad to see it go.

Still - much better that its a football stadium than another block of flats. Hoping I can get a ticket to watch Wednesday play (win?) there next month.

Went to Plough Lane several times in the 80s - usually got soaking wet on the uncovered terrace at the away end.

Surprised to see Charlton struggling. But then there's a few perhaps unexpected teams near the top as well.

Just managed to bag my ticket for Wimbledon in a fortnight - my first live football match since Jan 2020. Can't wait.

Looking like top 2 in league one right now are going to take the two automatic spots.

Which would leave 7 or possibly 8 teams still in the hunt for the play offs. Wednesday have improved a lot after Christmas and appear to have stopped giving away last minute equalisers, although we're still not scoring enough goals. We do however have more home games left than most at the top end of the division so would be feeling mildly optimistic if this wasn't Sheffield Wednesday I'm talking about.

Are Wigan going to wobble after Saturday's gubbing? Still think they've got too many games in hand to not get second in all probability, but it could yet get interesting.

Our pitch is a disgrace - can only hope it doesn't end up being a hindrance when we've started to play really well at home at last.

Really good performance from Wednesday at the weekend - we're starting to score some goals and Berahino looked a cut above League One against Cambridge. Need our away form to improve now.

Looking like we're going to need 80 odd points just to get into play offs - top end of League One this season is extremely competitive.

Charlton are one of the form teams right now.

Rotherham are the ones wobbling - MK Dons possibly fancy their chances of finishing 2nd right now.

Oxford probably out of the running for the playoffs - think Plymouth will likely finish fourth (although they have a really tough run in), which leaves three teams chasing two places. Its going to be tense I think

Banging set of results for Wednesday this last week, autos still very unlikely but beat Wycombe at the weekend and who knows...

Typically, Wednesday have put things back up in the air by losing to Wycombe at the weekend. Didn't see the game, but sounds like familiar failings away from home this season in not creating many chances.

So, tonight's game in hand away against fifth bottom Fleetwood becomes quite important. Even a draw would take us back into the top six with one game left.

So we've made it into the play offs - shame in a way that Wednesday v Sunderland isn't the final as i'm sure Wembley would have been full for that one. Going to be tense - both teams in good form over the last couple of months.

Plymouth's really tough run in did for them in the end.

Another season in League One then. Sunderland were the better team over two legs, no doubt but epic shithouses all the same.

We just couldn't get Barry Bannan in the game at all in either match. I wonder if he's now going to want a move.

But on the form we've shown since Christmas we should be reasonably confident for next season. UTO

Mackems just got two up, looks like their year. Great to see Akinfenwa getting a ru out, what a beast. Must be his last game?

i can't be bothered to start a charlton thread this year, but have started a new league one thread

Back
Top Bottom