Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Latest transfer gossip...

City closing in on a 100 million deal for Grealish. FFS, 100 million for Grealish.

And it's done.

Meanwhile, Messi becomes a free agent.

Wonder if Man United will put in bids for both Messi and Ronaldo this Summer? A 2-for-1 humiliation as their bids get sent straight to junkmail again. Go on, go for the hat trick, have a go at Kane as well. :thumbs:

S-i-l in Barcelona reckons the streets are noticeably empty this lunchtime as people are indoors watching TV for Messi updates.

Reported that Spurs have had a bid accepted for Lautaro Martínez , if so ( and there are conflicting reports of whether this was before or after Lukaku's transfer was agreed) then Spurs imo have a buyer for Kane

Messi could have afforded to stay and play for Barca for a grand a week if he really loved them.
I've just read that it would have been illegal to do this - the largest drop in wages a player can be compelled to take is 50%, which Messi agreed to without hesitation.

If I was them I’d be tracking flights from Barcelona to Paris
Why Modern Football Is Shit, Part 3047: when the journos were waiting for him to head off to France one of them reported 'Messi's private jet is fuelled and his entourage of around a dozen is waiting to make the trip to Paris'. FFS! :mad:

i thought this was fairly interesting
it would be interesting to see a prem league table of the biggest wage bills top to bottom

Looking at the figures on that more closely I see Everton are listed as "zero" wage bill on their forwards...might not be that accurate

ETA different figures here

Last edited:
Looking at the figures on that more closely I see Everton are listed as "zero" wage bill on their forwards...might not be that accurate

ETA different figures here
All these tables are indicative rather than exact tbh as the EPL clubs all return figures at different times and the transfer window isn't closed yet. The best two people for football figures are The Swiss Ramble and The Price of Football on Twitter

not to in any way stop laughing at arsenal, but in the bigger scheme of the weekly wage bills arsenal are still some way down the list...way behind CHel$$$ki
Funnily enough when you win trophy’s the wage bill isn’t so much of a problem . It’s when you stop winning them or don’t have an income through player sales it can become a problem .

OK give it a few years once they get stuck with half the players on long contracts refusing to leave for less or wanting a lot more cos they got better.
That’s a calculated risk , however it’s partially mitigated in some of the newer signings on relatively low salaries which gives room to reward those whose value increases. It’s a squad in rapid transition and there will inevitably be players sold in the close season .

Back
Top Bottom