Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Last time you shouted at TV?

nightowl

Another day on that hamster wheel we call life
My missus was laughing her head off at me last night. I was (sadly) watching a repeat of the 1980s darts-based gameshow Bullseye when one of the contestants only needed a 6 off his last dart to win the star prize and somehow inexplicably hit 3... somehow you'd think would be pretty impossible to do if you look at the layout of a dartboard. Just aim for one of the areas where you're unlikely to hit a small number even if you miss the one you're going for. Anyway, I rarely, if ever, shout at the TV but on this occasion couldn't help letting out a loud "Oh, you utter bellend!", causing much surprise and then laughter from my better half.

What are your stories?

My missus was laughing her head off at me last night. I was (sadly) watching a repeat of the 1980s darts-based gameshow Bullseye when one of the contestants only needed a 6 off his last dart to win the star prize and somehow inexplicably hit 3... somehow you'd think would be pretty impossible to do if you look at the layout of a dartboard. Just aim for one of the areas where you're unlikely to hit a small number even if you miss the one you're going for. Anyway, I rarely, if ever, shout at the TV but on this occasion couldn't help letting out a loud "Oh, you utter bellend!", causing much surprise and then laughter from my better half.

What are your stories?

Haha. You are me.

I do also occasionally shout 'get to the point' and 'answer the fucking question' and get ridiculously angry when people are waffling on news and current affairs stuff. I also just tell certain people to fuck off before switching off the TV, like say if Farage or someone comes on. I do this on the radio too.

Anytime there's a corporate or LDP scandal, followed by a press conference, followed by deep bows and not at all sincere apologies.

Xi, Trump, Putin, Kim, Netanyahu and the rest tend to elicit exasperated sighs at this stage.

We love some of the late afternoon quiz shows and often yell the answers at the TV... So most recent was probably during either Jeopardy or The Chase, earlier today.

A lot of shouting at channel 4 news whenever they have an Israeli spokesperson on. Or a Tory politician. Or Keir Starmer. :hmm:

Reactions: Ax^
Last time I shouted at the TV was when the remote control batteries were starting to fade, and I couldn't get it to switch on so I could listen to Spotify through the hi-fi.

Reactions: Ax^
used to catch about an hour of the Jeremy kyle show in the morning before going to work
have shouted less at the telly since i stopped doing that.. similarly with question time

I don't watch TV News. However I do listen to Radio 4.

Anytime there's a Tory cunt saying something like "we need this Rwanda thing because we must stop the boats. We've tried everything else"

I'm a happy, calm person.

But that prompts me to shout "How about a fucking safe route to claim asylum?! How about spending some of the £290,000,000 you've given to Rwanda to fucking speed up Asylum claims you fucking perdious cunts!"

About 20 years ago I shouted "get this septic box of cunts out of my house". Blair was doing that thing with his hand gesture and harping some bullshit. That was the last I ever saw TV. People think it's weird that I don't have one. I shouted at it daily. I shouted at the adverts, I shouted at the bullshit that it fed us. Now I'm much happier...

During last week's 'Mr Bates -vs- the Post Office' drama, and way too much at the news reports since.

I've still not been able to watch this - I get very agitated at financial things (I honestly cope better with on screen depictions of murder than with false accusations of fraud/theft).
I finally tried it tonight and had a panic attack about 20 minutes in.
I feel like I ought to watch it - but I don't need to in order to feel utmost sympathy for the people wrongly accused and prosecuted.

Most times I watch MOTD. Any time I watch the news (rarely, for exactly this reason). Often when I watch Only Connect, although that is shouting out answers so perhaps not in the spirit of 'shouting at?

Don't watch too much telly these days but when i do i will invariably talk at/ pass comment on whatevers occurring.

Bit like the 'Do You Work Whisper' thread, i talk to myself a fair bit, not aided by the fact i'm on my own a lot.

i tend not to watch the news on telly much now.

when 'tweety pie' was here more often, and we were at the stage where we'd have telly news on of an evening (it was during the cameron years) he hadn't known i used certain words...

Most times I watch MOTD. Any time I watch the news (rarely, for exactly this reason). Often when I watch Only Connect, although that is shouting out answers so perhaps not in the spirit of 'shouting at?
Pointless for me. Shouted at every weekday, without fail.

Mostly when some aspect of the life I actually experienced years ago is getting falsely reinterpreted by some twat who wasn't even there.

"IT WASN'T FUCKIN LIKE THAT YOU TOSSERS!"

Yesterday... I called a TV a fucking bastard.
I changed three capacitors on the PSU of a 55" Samsung, which brought it back to life, but the phosphor layer had burnt off a few of the LEDs, so the screen was blue in places. Now I have to fit a full set of LEDs. :mad:

Definitely during MOTD and EFL highlights.

Mostly at the ludicrous diving and playacting. It's just so obvious and I don't know why referees fall for it so many times.

You just know as soon as Anthony Gordon or Harry Wilson (for example) gets into the box, they're going to go down and roll around like they've been hit with an iron bar after an opponent barely touches them. And yet the idiot referee still gives the penalty. :mad:

Meanwhile, I'm shouting, "It was a fucking dive, you twat!"

Anyway, the whole circus starts up again next month, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom