Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour & Anti-Semitism.

Genuine question: what does "knows Corbyn personally" mean here? Just someone you run into on the street ocassionally? Bosom buddies bound by deep ties of comradeship? Or somewhere in between? Or neither?

Dunno. Some parties claimed they were close personal friends, corbyn's office said they were aquaintences and facebook friends. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say its probably somewhere in between.

Anyway I'm not truing to do some gotcha, my point is that the political culture on left that allows this to happen, that means antisemites and conspiracists go unnoticed or unchallenged, that means there is persistently 'a few loons on the fringe', should be probed and interrogated. Bizarre this is contentious really.

Dunno. Some parties claimed they were close personal friends, corbyn's office said they were aquaintences and facebook friends. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say its probably somewhere in between.

Anyway I'm not truing to do some gotcha, my point is that the political culture on left that allows this to happen, that means antisemites and conspiracists go unnoticed or unchallenged, that means there is persistently 'a few loons on the fringe', should be probed and interrogated. Bizarre this is contentious really.
Can't argue with that. The whole "you're a cunt" aspect to this place may have its drawbacks, but it does at least permit a certain degree of political hygiene.

If you don't want your flanks to be overrun, don't expose them to the enemy.

I wonder what attracts headbanging racists to the ‘continuity Corbyn’ candidate.

Such a mystery

And these ‘small number’ of antisemites will just take that lying down?

this clusterfuck will rage on for years.

you were told this would happen

So you are against Jewish Voice for Labour. Really ^ :confused: I went on a Jewish East end Walk recently with David Rosenberg who apparently was one of the founders of Jewish Voice for Labour and I really didn't get the impression that he was an anti semite. I don't know who Norton, Blumenthal or Grayzone are. As an aside the shadow justice minister Richard Burgon was also on the walk and appeared to be very close to David Rosenberg. Is he also an anti semite?

Here is David Rosenberg writing in the Guardian about Cable Street which featured in the walk we went on. 'Antidote to far right's poison' – battle for Cable Street’s mural

That there are people in this thread who gave learned nothing in the four years since it started.

what a joke the Left is.

You have allied yourselves with those who either insane or scum (or both).

You will never get rid of them. They won’t leave without a fight. They will attack you incessantly.

this is your problem now.

another minor league nobody.

“Mehmood Mirza, vice chairman of the West Ham Labour Party, is alleged to have shared a cartoon showing a sticker with the words ‘Anti-Semitism’ placed across the mouth of a man who has a ‘Free Palestine’ band around his head. The image, posted onto Mr Mirza’s Facebook account, was created by Brazilian artists Carlos Latuff, who was previously accused of creating anti-Semitic content.”

What’s your plan belboid? The ‘media smears’ aren’t going to stop. Where next?

Could you post an image of the cartoon involved so that we can discuss it here?

Was it similar to this one?
220px-Cry-wolf.png

What do you think of Latuff and his cartoons (the ones you’ve seen and read descriptions of) toblerone3 ?

I haven't seen any of them until today when I did a quick image search. So before we get to discussing dozens of cartoons here. Could we discuss the one which I have posted. I think its message is that accusations of anti-semitism are being used to stifle legitimate pro-Palestinian sentiment and demonstrations. I think that is fair comment and not at all anti-semitic. What do you think?

So you're agreeing that the the image itself is fine and not anti-semitic but that other stuff that the cartoonist did in the past is not. Is that right?

Latuff is as anti semitic as they come. Take a little while to look at a range of his images rather than just one, and you'll soon see the cut of his jib.

Latuff is as anti semitic as they come. Take a little while to look at a range of his images rather than just one, and you'll soon see the cut of his jib.

OK there are a number of them making comparisons between the Holocaust and Israel's treatment of the Palestinians. Does that mean that any picture of his is tainted by association. I notice that that there doesn't seem to be a signature on the one I posted. Is anything that he does tainted by association even when it makes a valid and non anti-semitic point?

So you are against Jewish Voice for Labour. Really ^ :confused: I went on a Jewish East end Walk recently with David Rosenberg who apparently was one of the founders of Jewish Voice for Labour and I really didn't get the impression that he was an anti semite. I don't know who Norton, Blumenthal or Grayzone are. As an aside the shadow justice minister Richard Burgon was also on the walk and appeared to be very close to David Rosenberg. Is he also an anti semite?

Here is David Rosenberg writing in the Guardian about Cable Street which featured in the walk we went on. 'Antidote to far right's poison' – battle for Cable Street’s mural

I would be interested in other people's take on Jewish Voice for Labour. I know MadeInBedlam doesn't like them.

Back
Top Bottom