Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

kirsty wark v alex salmond

nightowl

Another day on that hamster wheel we call life
i see the bbc have apologised for her 'rude and dismissive' attitude towards him during a newsnight interview. did anyone see it and how bad was it? i know there was an unwritten rule at newsnight that she was never allowed to interview the previous first minister jack mcconnell because of her close friendship with him, so i'm surprised she was allowed to interview salmond so soon after him taking over. if there were genuine fears of bias in terms of wark towards mcconnell then surely there should have been concerns about bias against any successor

I saw it. It wasn't completely awful, but her bias was definitely marked enough that I remarked on it at the time and said 'she shouldnt have been allowed to do that interview'.

Matt

add this to other matters like her involvement in the whole scottish parliament saga and wark's objectivity is seriously called into question

Thank you for the youtube link.

That woman is ridiculous. Labour has got to go and these people have to fade into the background!

On a wider note, isn't it disgusting how the UK government is cosying up to the Gaddafi regime in Libya?

What is the general assessment of Salmond so far? I know it's early days (it's only been a month or something : p) and nothing major has come up yet, but still...

lostexpectation said:
jesus did she get on the wrong side of bed that morning
She's just trying to do a Paxo but (a) she doesn'thave the gravitas and (b) it just comes over like a dose of PMT

Cobbles said:
She's just trying to do a Paxo but (a) she doesn'thave the gravitas and (b) it just comes over like a dose of PMT

This is an overwhelmingly sexist interpretation. She did a bad job and interrupted. Paxman has been shocking on a few occasions (and brilliant on a few others) but no-one ever puts that down to hormones (or compares it to hormones).

nightowl said:
add this to other matters like her involvement in the whole scottish parliament saga and wark's objectivity is seriously called into question

Not to mention her close and longstanding personal friendships with senior Labour figures, such as Dewar, up here and her going on family holidays with Jack McConnell and his family. She was on the Scottish Parliament Building Selection Committe, her company Wark-Clements (owned with her ever so-slightly bigotted husband Allan Clements) then made a film on the Parliament fiasco up here, no conflict of interest there eh?!

Wark has a 'Napoleon complex', she is very totty, ie about 5'4" in heels, she's constantly tried to see herself as some great intellectual reporter. The only other female reporter up here of any real gravitas was Sheena Macdonald, in both literal and figurative ways she was head and shoulders above Wark. Since Macdonalds was hit by the plod car she has been mostly absent from broadcasting and as such Wark has tried to claim the mantle of leading female broadcaster up here.

As I said she 'co-owned' Wark Clements, a few years back it merged with Ideal Word then owned by Muriel Gray-another fanatically pro-Labour broadcaster-to form summat called IWC. A few years ago RDF MEdia then bought her company and she and Gray both left. A few years ago her company produced a programme called 'Faith, football and flutes' which was appareantly-lmfao-a serious attempt to look at sectarianism in scotland in three areas. Stunningly they said that sectarianism exists in Scotland, condemned it but failed to mention how they tried to whitewash a group of Celtic fans when they discovered that the secretarty was a Protestant and that most of the others disliked the RC church.

Back
Top Bottom