Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

King Crimson

I gradually came to realise that the Fall was basically a mix of Captain Beefheart and Van Der Graaf Generator, with punk overtones. The latter I once saw quoted as being King Crimson but more scary (or words to that effect.)

I once saw the The Fall support the Magic Band (post Van Vliet). I can sort of see where you're coming from on that one, less so with VdGG.

Really? It's on Starless and Bible Black. It's one of my favourite KC moments. Bill Bruford gets a writing credit even though he does nothing - but the restraint was appreciated.
How embarrassing. I haven’t listened to the full album for donkeys years .

That guy lives up the road from me, albeit in vastly more salubrious surroundings. I see him and his wife toyah in the pub quite a bit; nice bloke. Never listened to his music before, I always thought it way too 70's prog for me lol but that (post above) sounded ok. Might check it out a bit more!

That guy lives up the road from me, albeit in vastly more salubrious surroundings. I see him and his wife toyah in the pub quite a bit; nice bloke. Never listened to his music before, I always thought it way too 70's prog for me lol but that (post above) sounded ok. Might check it out a bit more!

Bit envious. If you are up to it ask for both of their autographs and send to me plz.

There have been a fair few incarnations/ styles of King Crimson over the years

Prog/jazz with the first four albums In The Court/ In the Wake/Lizard/Islands

LarksTounge/Starless/Red- lot more heavier, muscular rock tinged with jazz styles

Disciple/Beat/Three of a Perfect Pair almost Talking Head style with gamelan rhythms

Their nouveau metal period of Thrakk,/The Construction of Light/Power to Believe

Then there's a whole set of live albums some of which are good compilations showcasing stuff from all albums , probably the best is Meltdown -Live in Mexico

Back
Top Bottom