Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

King Crimson

b12a126cc413b3f5234aca635f70e4e09a5b5a0b.jpg

Impressed that anyone would know this.

I see they've supposedly found the Endeavour though :thumbs:

I is old, I no fings. :)

(I lived in Woolwich, and used to see the Cutty Sark when we went to Greenwich market, sailed from Portsmouth to Cherbourg, you pass the Victory on the way out.)

And for the bonus point... Gypsy Moth is close by the Cutty Sark.

I think the Cutty Sark was the first ship to have the hull sheathed in copper 'copper bottomed' , which really helped reduce drag from weed and parasites, and also kept out ship worms. She was a tea clipper, the fast ships bringing the new season tea from China. A Scottish built ship.

Last edited:
Well I got my driving licence today :) (not that I'm planning on driving). I applied in July so just the seven months.

It's only valid until mid 2023 I assume because I'm then 70 and need a medical to prove I'm still alive (relieved to hear I don't need another test because I'd never pass :( ).

I may start applying for a new one soon.

Well I got my driving licence today :) (not that I'm planning on driving). I applied in July so just the seven months.

It's only valid until mid 2023 I assume because I'm then 70 and need a medical to prove I'm still alive (relieved to hear I don't need another test because I'd never pass :( ).

Aye, I'll need to apply soon as well. It is a 'self cert', photocard license, valid for three years, and is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D I've still got my old paper license.

Seven month waiting time I'd apply now. I was impressed they accepted my home-taken photo mind.

Not convincef that you'll need an actual medical when 70, if you're in ordinarily OK health ..... ;)

Last edited:
Is what neighbour said but it looks like you're right - you just have to renew it every three years.

You have to sign a declaration that you are still compos mentis, don't suffer from anything that could make you keel over at any time, and can see.

I seriously doubted if I would be driving after 70, due to deteriorating eyesight. However, that turned out to be cataracts which have been sorted. I have better eyesight now than I did when I was 20. :)

My OH has the McDonald and Giles album - it's really good. (I had to ask him if the McDonald who'd just died was the one from McDonald and Giles as well as King Crimson :oops: ).

KC played their last performance in Japan in December last year . Fripp at the time said after the concert had finished that the band had "moved from sound to silence .The gigs in Japan had been called The Completion Tour, they had previously announced on their American tour that they would not be returning.

Gavin Harrison one of the drummers ( he's currently playing again with Porcupine Tree) say that he doesn't know if it is the end of KC but realistically its a band in which
3 out of the 7 in the current line up are in their 70s and two are in their 60s . No doubt there may be some more music to come perhaps as KC , perhaps as partnerships, but I think its doubtful that the current line up ( which aside from Reiflins illness and death has pretty much been the same for the past 7 years or so ) that has done such an excellent job of representing their back catalogue is going to continue to do that.

Back
Top Bottom