Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe" - Rutger Hauer R.I.P.

3ba416399bfa98096ae9235ec15ed639--rutger-hauer-all-movies.jpg

The so-called mysterious "ghost particle", detected on 22 September 2017, travelled 4 billion light-years to reach us, originating from an extremely energetic object called a blazar.

They traced it back to a blazar TXS 0506+056, just off the shoulder of Orion - a finding that means associated high-energy cosmic rays consisting mostly of protons and atomic nuclei are also coming from the same place.

A blazar is a type of quasar, a galaxy with an active supermassive black hole at its core, sending out tremendous energy as it feeds.

BREAKING: We Finally Know Where High-Energy "Ghost Particles" Are Coming From

Years ago I went to a tiny art gallery in rural France where there was a portrait of his mother in law by a fairly important Dutch artist. The gallery owner wanted him to know about it but didn't know how to contact him. I left a message with his agent and one day he phoned me at work. I was so starstruck by his voice that I could barely speak but I gave him the gallery details and he bought the painting.

legend of the holy drinker was based on a novella (that was republished as a tie-in) and i saw it at manchester corner house. since then, I've never seen it anywhere else.

Rutger H made it into this week's Popbitch mailout - in a good way, thank fuck.

>> RIP Rutger <<
Sailing off to the great unknown

With all the tributes to Rutger Hauer that have been pouring in these last 24 hours, it's clear he made a lasting impression on the people he worked with.

When Rutger was filming the Métal Hurlant Chronicles series around 2011/12, crew on set noticed that his phone was constantly buzzing with text messages. Someone on the other end of the phone was badgering him quite incessantly, keen to arrange a boating holiday with him. A certain Harrison Ford.

We have no idea if it they ever managed to arrange it, but it's a huge shame that we'll never get to see Great Canal Journeys with Deckard and Batty.

I like the idea he and Ford were friends all those years after they worked together

I don't know much about him other than he wrote/re-wrote one the most evocative lines ever and that the character he did it in had the name of someone who should have been in corrie. Both genius moves.
It's a little known fact that Philip K Dick was a great fan of Coronation Street

Back
Top Bottom