Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Tom Cruise the biggest narcissistic prick in popular culture?

savoloysam

Ready to move into the light
I'm sick of his look at me I'm a hero who's gonna save the world bollocks act. Oh I do my own stunts I'm that good. Fuck off you prick. If you want to be a stunt man, fine go ahead and leave the acting to someone who's head isn't up their own arse.

While I'm at it you can stick that Scientology crap up your arse too. You have no concept of reality and you're fooling nobody with you endless facelifts.

You're just another human being like everybody else and if the end did come in our time you'll be nowhere to be seen.

Fucking prick :rolleyes:

I'm sick of his look at me I'm a hero who's gonna save the world bollocks act. Oh I do my own stunts I'm that good. Fuck off you prick. If you want to be a stunt man, fine go ahead and leave the acting to someone who's head isn't up their own arse.

While I'm at it you can stick that Scientology crap up your arse too. You have no concept of reality and you're fooling nobody with you endless facelifts.

You're just another human being like everybody else and if the end did come in our time you'll be nowhere to be seen.

Scientology is no more batshit than any other religion, Christianity, Islam, Judasim. They're all bizarre fairytales for cowards who can't face the idea that there's nothing after death.

At least Tom Cruise gave us Top Gun and Mission Impossible. He's a movie star. And quite a good one at that. He's prolly an egotistical twat but who cares. Whats your particular beef?

Aye and stick that shilling for the USA airforce crap up his arse too!
Mission Impossible films are dumb shit and all, and outside of those blockbusters there's turds like the Mummy waiting in line.
His one good role was Search And Destroy arsehole incel advisor in Magnolia, and not sure that reflects well on him, suited him a bit too well.

Hah that was fun to write

I quite liked Eyes Wide Shut IIRC but can’t think of anything else he’s been in that is particularly to my tastes.
Scientology is some fucked up cult which he promotes.

I quite liked Eyes Wide Shut IIRC but can’t think of anything else he’s been in that is particularly to my tastes.
Scientology is some fucked up cult which he promotes.

Yeh, well see justin welby, osama bin laden, the dalai lama et al for fucked up cults. they're all nuts. cruise is at least talented.

He may be a towering prick but having watched the documentary about the stunt in the latest mission impossible fillum it’s hard not to appreciate his batshitness

I’m guessing at some point he’s gonna be called to the mothership when he tests his immortality in a stunt too far

He may be a towering prick but having watched the documentary about the stunt in the latest mission impossible fillum it’s hard not to appreciate his batshitness

I’m guessing at some point he’s gonna be called to the mothership when he tests his immortality in a stunt too far
Perhaps the effects of scientology - I've seen them compared to coke but a lot more expensive.

Tom Cruise is an okay actor but he’s a brilliant film star. He’ll turn an okay film into something really watchable through sheer presence. Despite the fact that he exhibits a tonne of characteristics that I should hate, I actually have a fondness for the little guy.

I’m also amazed that people say he hasn’t been in good films. A Few Good Men, Edge of Tomorrow, Rain Man, Jerry Maguire — all proper rewatchable Saturday afternoon films. And I’m not sure that anybody but Cruise could have created the type of presence that makes them so watchable.

I really don’t want to go into bat for the guy, here. It’s not like he makes my top 1000 people in the world. But I appreciate that he’s one of the last of the proper movie stars. That’s why he’s over 60 and yet still a credible action star. They don’t really make ‘em like that any more.

Despite the fact that he exhibits a tonne of characteristics that I should hate
Yeah, this is one of those weird, undefinable (to me, at least) factors.

Lots about him, the person, I'm really not keen on, and even in films there's a lot that irritates me (particularly his recent trend of "look, I'm just right, alla the time, mostly through sheer force of will"), but... more often than not he's a reliable and watchable presence and, as you say, elevates a lot of the films he's in.

Hang gliding?
And spelunking,

I think Cruise is so far up his own arsehole he actually believes he is Mission Impossible superhero, and to their great detriment so do some of his fans.

Whereas actually Cruise is just a play acting, moron ..
That's better.

Back
Top Bottom