Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 38.2%
  • No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I dont know as I do not drive

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

Votes: 39 27.1%

• Total voters
Totally agree, replaced the Disco with a Freelander, very nice to drive but mechanically? Heap,of Shyte.

I met a friend of mine for a fishing day on the Tyne about a year ago, he drives a freelancer - when we'd finished for the day we threw all the crap in the back of the cars and went to the pub.

Well, I say 'threw', my rod went seemlessly sideways into the estate boot without touching the sides, his on the other hand was a rather more complex affair with the fucking thing going in at all angles and eventually having to go lengthways and into the passenger foot well.

It's not a car, it's a fucking glovebox on wheels..

The makers know thier market.

"I want a car that reall reflects my personality" says Victoria who goes on to say

"I brought a naivety to this project because I have never designed a car before. But it feels real!

"When I first started working with the team I did a lot of research, and created mood boards to show the team my love of timeless and classic design. I looked at yachts, luxury jets and classic cars"

The dashboard features the exclusive rose gold-plated interior highlights, including on air-conditioning knobs....this exclusive baby off roader is yours for £80K.

article-2133440-12B739E7000005DC-864_634x541.jpg

Perfect for the nanny to take the kiddies to school in London.

Decent SUVs do what they are supposed to do very well, Range Rover Sports and Porsche Cayennes especially so, driving extremely quickly on shitty desert roads comfortably, that they have been appropriated for use in suburban environments is a by product, that is in fact, the sign of an arse.

Decent SUVs do what they are supposed to do very well, Range Rover Sports and Porsche Cayennes especially so, driving extremely quickly on shitty desert roads comfortably, that they have been appropriated for use in suburban environments is a by product, that is in fact, the sign of an arse.
Only as an overarching trend. In terms of specific cars, most SUVs as sold would be wholly inadequate for unmade roads let alone off-road exploration.

Only as an overarching trend. In terms of specific cars, most SUVs as sold would be wholly inadequate for unmade roads let alone off-road exploration.

agreed - the only '4x4' thing most SUV's are any good at is handling snow, and only then if they have winter tyres on.

the LR Discoverys' are good in sopping wet, muddy fields, as are the Range Rovers, but ground clearance means the disco is better if you go further off road than that (or perhaps people who've spent £70K on a car are a bit more circumspect about what they do with it..). Nissan Pathfinder seems to be the next leap, but they are much less comfortable doing the 350 mile motorway trip to Edinburgh for the weekend.

thinking about getting a Pathfinder actually, its far too big and heavy - not to mention fuel guzzling - for a normal use car, but the towing, the 4x4, the off road ability and the 7 seats would make it a useful addition to the stable. think of it as a hobby...

Worst thing evah.

But it could and did get amps and genny off the Ridgeway the long way thus avoiding da Po-Po on more than one occasion. Which a A6 wouldn't be able to do...
But what was the thought process that led you to think that spending 13k on a Freelander was a good idea?

Was it some kind of Brewster's Millions challenge?

Last edited:
I met a friend of mine for a fishing day on the Tyne about a year ago, he drives a freelancer - when we'd finished for the day we threw all the crap in the back of the cars and went to the pub.

Well, I say 'threw', my rod went seemlessly sideways into the estate boot without touching the sides, his on the other hand was a rather more complex affair with the fucking thing going in at all angles and eventually having to go lengthways and into the passenger foot well.

It's not a car, it's a fucking glovebox on wheels..

And totally impossible for DIY repairs and servicing, which was one of the big draws for LR owners, and frigging useless in snow with its stupid monoqouke body styling, can't spell thon frenchie word but I expect you know I mean:D

agreed - the only '4x4' thing most SUV's are any good at is handling snow, and only then if they have winter tyres on.

the LR Discoverys' are good in sopping wet, muddy fields, as are the Range Rovers, but ground clearance means the disco is better if you go further off road than that (or perhaps people who've spent £70K on a car are a bit more circumspect about what they do with it..). Nissan Pathfinder seems to be the next leap, but they are much less comfortable doing the 350 mile motorway trip to Edinburgh for the weekend.

thinking about getting a Pathfinder actually, its far too big and heavy - not to mention fuel guzzling - for a normal use car, but the towing, the 4x4, the off road ability and the 7 seats would make it a useful addition to the stable. think of it as a hobby...

The only things I use my RR for is off road towing and snow, bit of a sod these mild winters, but during the bad snow of 2010 the freelander was totally useless, ended up carrying hay for the best part of a mile.
ETA, at least my son was:thumbs:

Heh, was an Audi SQ7 in the car park this morning when walking the dog. Surely a contender here. If I had £80k to spend I'd consider it...

dunno, surely one of the joys of driving one of the big, rufty-tufty SUV's is the 'go anywhere, do anything, who cares aboutscuffing it with hedges, bits of fence post and a random sheep' freedom - if you spent £80k on it you'd be a bit frantic about every mark, mud splash, shaking wet dog and disgusting child wiping its snotty bogies on the seats?

theres also the fact that my first house cost about £80k...

it could go in the arsehole catagory though - i suppose the litmus test is how many premiership footballers own one...

dunno, surely one of the joys of driving one of the big, rufty-tufty SUV's is the 'go anywhere, do anything, who cares aboutscuffing it with hedges, bits of fence post and a random sheep' freedom - if you spent £80k on it you'd be a bit frantic about every mark, mud splash, shaking wet dog and disgusting child wiping its snotty bogies on the seats?

theres also the fact that my first house cost about £80k...

it could go in the arsehole catagory though - i suppose the litmus test is how many premiership footballers own one...

My first place cost £62k...

But yeah, would be a bit worried about fucking it, although current car has to deal with kids, dog and country lanes and we're not too bothered, so perhaps these things are relative to how much money you've got?

And yeah, footballers is a good test.

We've got a Y62 Nissan Patrol and it is easily the most capable off road vehicle I've ever driven. However, at 100mph with a trailer full of motocross bikes it gets 9mpg and it has the most vulgar interior in the history of the automotive industry. It's like driving along in the lobby of the Baku Sheraton.

Modern pickups.. "Barbarian", "Warrior".

You're not a barbarian or a warrior, you're a cunt.

The first time I saw one of those barbarian pick ups I properly pissed myself laughing for several minutes. It might as well have said 'Impotence' in big letters on the side. Men of a certain age and all that...

I had the misfortune to work in the UAE on and off for a few years and most of the hotels had those ^^^ for airport pick-ups and for taking the local Sheikhs to and from the knocking shops and coke dealers. They were all white, but the really tasteful ones had gold plated handles, grills, and badges.

Last edited:
I reckon that's marginally better than one in "Dubai" White.

We ordered a white one and it was going to be two months, then four months, then six months. So I said to the sales reptile that if he knocked $2k off I'd take one in any colour.

Nissan scored an absolute bullseye with this vehicle; their target demo (my wife) loves it.

Back
Top Bottom