Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is Smoked Paprika The Same As Sweet Smoked Paprika?

diond

I've scoured the web and can't find a definitive answer to this question - so I thought I'd ask you lot!!

I already buy the supermarket's own smoked paprika, but I have seen a sweet smoked paprika doing the rounds on various cookery shows for a while now. It comes in a corned beef type tin, but I can't tell if they are one of the same? There is certainly a difference in price, but that could be down to branding.

I have read that sweet smoked paprika is named as such to differentiate between that and hot smoked paprika?:confused:

Cheers.

I think they are essentially the same but the sweet smoked is defined as such because you can get spicy hot versions in a tin too.

I might be wrong but maybe the ones in tin form are better quality? More authentic or summink, Spanish rathen than say Hungarian?

I dunno

I've scoured the web and can't find a definitive answer to this question - so I thought I'd ask you lot!!

I already buy the supermarket's own smoked paprika, but I have seen a sweet smoked paprika doing the rounds on various cookery shows for a while now. It comes in a corned beef type tin, but I can't tell if they are one of the same? There is certainly a difference in price, but that could be down to branding.

I have read that sweet smoked paprika is named as such to differentiate between that and hot smoked paprika?:confused:

Cheers.

Are you any relation to Dion Dublin inventor of the dube ? :D

I think they are essentially the same but the sweet smoked is defined as such because you can get spicy hot versions in a tin too.

I might be wrong but maybe the ones in tin form are better quality? More authentic or summink, Spanish rathen than say Hungarian?

I dunno

You get both types in Spain, agridulce and picante - bittersweet and spicy. I don't knw about Hungarian stuff

The flavours are all different from very mild to hot. They are very common here, apart from our local Carrefour which doesn't sell smoked. I like the hot smoked in patatas bravas for the bite. It is not popular here though. Apparently it's too hot.

Back
Top Bottom