Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is it possible to get more left wing as you get older ?

I used to shout more inane slogans and believe what a paper told me to believe. today i only believe in something after i have tried to work out for myself, whether that means i am more or less left wing than when i was a teenager i am not sure.

I've stayed more or less the same politically all my life. I come from a left leaning family and those values always struck me as what's fair and sensible and now several decades later I know even better why. When it comes to party politics it's always been Green party I felt closest to but unfortunately they don't seem to stand much of a chance here.

I've gotten more left-wing as I've got older, and am continuing to do so.

Sure when I was younger I was a shoutier, angrier more obvious left-wing. Now I'm "cold steel" Left. heh.

If anyone else has picked up this point specifically I've missed it, but getting more cynical about centre politics and getting more left wing, equated in the OP, are definitely not the same thing. Cynicism can be reactionary and conservative if used ineffectively, in my experience.

If you mean "more radical", as in more likely to see the solution to society's problems as being outside mainstream politics, that's as likely to be far right as far left isn't it?

In terms of where my views are on a left-right spectrum, I don't think that's changed significantly since my teens. Any change is more about being less angry and more disappointed I think.

Back
Top Bottom