Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Irish Unity Watch Thread

and the ballocks from some people who have served in the milteray who say the voted for Bojo because he protects the veterans

but sorry when you start shooting british citzens you should be fucking prosecuted

and then your age and responsibility should come into it

They were pretty selective about which British citizens they shot too.

Reactions: Ax^
likesfish

It would really help the process of integrating communities in NI if the British Gov would accept that they made a monumental mess by sendkng in the British army and ordering them to shoot at civilians who happened to be living in Catholic and nationalist areas.
And if the British gov admitted to the corruption within the RUC and collusion with UVF and the British Army at the time of the troubles.

Is it any wonder nationalists turned to the IRA and INLA.?
The SDLP were weak and stuck trying to help and raise awareness of human rights violations but were not being listened to by government. The resurgent IRA came out of that environment. It was a response to the actions of the British government and their treatment of their own citizens.

You surely know this?

:D

I watched that again recently as it happens.

We gotta take these b*****ds. Now, we could fight ‘em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. Oh, no. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody’s part.

We gotta take these b*****ds. Now, we could fight ‘em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. Oh, no. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody’s part.
Double secret probation.

It was a stalemate, recognised as such by the Brits themselves. Flip your argument on its head and you’ll realise that the British Army, with all its might and machinery, couldn’t defeat a slack handful of gunmen. Who do you think the victors were there then?
Northern Ireland is still British and if it reunites it will be at the Ballot box the British government achieved its aim the ira didn't
Pira failed in its aim as well I can't believe its not the ira or the next brand as well

Northern Ireland is still British and if it reunites it will be at the Ballot box the British government achieved its aim the ira didn't
Pira failed in its aim as well I can't believe its not the ira or the next brand as well
All those Irish now on both sides of the border realising they have more in common with each other than with us. Not long to go now.

I’m sorry but Britain is the big island next door to Ireland. Part of the UK sure but British? Get de fuck.

Also, I never said the IRA achieved its aims. There are no winners in a stalemate, the Brits aim was to destroy the IRA, they never managed to do that. The IRA vis-a-vis Sinn Féin also managed to extract a number of concessions that led to the GFA. Could you imagine any other terrorist organisation securing the early release of its prisoners as part of conditions to commit to a ceasefire? The British government wouldn’t dream of doing that to any other group so why did they do it here? Because they were scared shitless of the threat of violence.

I’m sorry but Britain is the big island next door to Ireland. Part of the UK sure but British? Get de fuck.

The British government wouldn’t dream of doing that to any other group so why did they do it here? Because they were scared shitless of the threat of violence.
It all changed when the IRA targeted the City and Canary Wharf. The pressure from money forced the Brit govt to negotiate. Knowing another lorry bomb full of fertiliser based explosives was only a day away also focused their minds.

It all changed when the IRA targeted the City and Canary Wharf. The pressure from money forced the Brit govt to negotiate. Knowing another lorry bomb full of fertiliser based explosives was only a day away also focused their minds.
bollocks
PIRA failed to achieve any of its goals

and also the reason the army got involved in north ireland was to defeat they ira

something even they say they failed to do having to settle for a stalemate for both sides

:hmm:

Operation Banner was a failure...

which is why the army got involved

or am i wrong

sure the Pat Finucane Centre got ahold of some documents from the army confirming this

or am i wrong

sure the Pat Finucane Centre got ahold of some documents from the army confirming this
I think you should just go and check the chronology. If this is your basis for your beliefs then you have a painful realisation to come.

or am i wrong

They were initially taken in to protect the Catholic communities who were getting burned out of their homes. They were actually welcomed at the start but started doing British army things and Nationalist opinion swayed. Also, targeting the army was part of a wider PIRA strategy to go on the offensive.

who requested the Army be deployed in north ireland .. was it not to support the RUC

were they not welcomed at first because the RUC could not be trusted to stop the riots and burning effecting catholic areas

the next phase was to destory the Pira.. after 30 years they found out they could not destory it

and the Pira found out they could not win through violence

which lead to the peace process no...

It wasn't.

This is as mad as lupa's stuff.

... you know everything do you? Did you ever live in NI?
Do you deny that Catholics were unemployed and left out of society? Do you deny that they were treated like second class citizens? Do you deny that the civil rights movement became a catalyst for a number of movements? Some of which chose an active engagement as opposed to diologue?
Did you ever live in Derry? Or Belfast? Or anywhere where unionist controlled everything and left swathes of Catholic areas in poverty....?

You turn on people who have a real history of being treated like absolute shit and what?
What's your opinion?
Do you think things would be better now if the system had been left as it was and Catholics in 1970s NI were left with no rights to certain jobs ot ownership of certain businesses let alone home ownership and the right to vote?

or am i wrong

who requested the Army be deployed in north ireland .. was it not to support the RUC

were they not welcomed at first because the RUC could not be trusted to stop the riots and burning effecting catholic areas

the next phase was to destory the Pira.. after 30 years they found out they could not destory it

and the Pira found out they could not win through violence

which lead to the peace process no...

Back
Top Bottom