Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Irish coffee

Cheesypoof

Fuck off Noddy
Banned
So loving this when its cold....our family recipe is one third of a cup of whiskey (doesnt matter if its expensive, or Irish or not...im using Paddy Power), you bring to the boil (once bubbling remove immediately so you wont lose the alcohol affect ;). Pour into a glass, add half a spoon of sugar, throw in a clove or two, pour in some hot coffee, and about three dollops of whipped cream on top (dont stir). Voila! Should look like a glass of Guinness. Totally gorgeous and GOOD for those winter blues....:cool:

paddy power?

600x270_welcome_no_flash.gif

A good double expresso (pref Columbian gold), 2 slugs of Johnny Walker Red Label and topped with cream.

well, we are very much 'just enjoy' but the traditional Irish coffee is done as above.
I dunno that it's common to heat the whiskey - even in Ireland I've never seen that. Coffee first then sugar stirred in, then whiskey, finish not with whipped cream (too heavy IMO), but shaken cream that had just thickened enough.

I dunno that it's common to heat the whiskey - even in Ireland I've never seen that. Coffee first then sugar stirred in, the whiskey, finish not with whipped cream (too heavy IMO), but shaken cream that had just thickened enough.

Cream has to be floated off the back of the spoon. ;)

Oh and anyone adding cloves or cinnamon or something like that is making a lovely drink that is not and never will be an Irish coffee.

Oh and anyone adding cloves or cinnamon or something like that is making a lovely drink that is not and never will be an Irish coffee.

I have been known to boil an orange segment & peel in the water used for the coffee in the past to give it a slight, subtle twist.

I dunno that it's common to heat the whiskey - even in Ireland I've never seen that. Coffee first then sugar stirred in, then whiskey, finish not with whipped cream (too heavy IMO), but shaken cream that had just thickened enough.

yeh, we do it like that in our family but i was thinking earlier, i would leave the whiskey cold!

I have been known to boil an orange segment & peel in the water used for the coffee in the past to give it a slight, subtle twist.
Yes as I imply nothing wrong with that, au contraire, just don't FUCKING CALL IT IRISH WHISKEY ;) ok?

No harm in doing it like that either, just seems unnecessary to me.

If my mums uncle was still alive he'd be chewing your balls.

Boil the beans woman ..... is it ready yet? ..... bring out the puccine..... cream it

:cool:

I just take 5 tablespoons of nescafe and 3 of demerara, pour it into a 1 litre bottle of Bells, and shake vigorously.

She's half-Clare, half Dub. She recently met a Dub in Seattle, it took her two questions to establish that he'd gone to school with her cousin. Never met a people so inter-connected as the Irish.

yeh...its mad. Every pub i ever go to, someone apparently knows someone from my family....:) Im also half clare - half Dub myself. Up the banner!

I hear the football and hurling has been mad this year. My father in law is mad into it, can't stop raving about it. Up the banner indeed! :D

Back
Top Bottom