Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ireland - newcomers and the far right

Do you have a link please?
e2a so "they" don't get given 300 euros a week then
220 plus the value of a medical card, legal aid, food etc if staying in a hotel, fuel or transport costs if signed up for a training course / job.. so yes..300 is possibly a low estimate of the value of assistance.

This figure is now massively reduced to 38 euros a week . Which is very little.

Right, so Ukrainians under the special scheme, not all immigrants then

Your post said "asylum seekers" get 300 euro a week, do you have a link for that claim please?

Right, so Ukrainians under the special scheme, not all immigrants then

You mean asylum seekers?
I think you might be right...and asylum seekers from elsewhere were getting significantly less. Which was pretty shit thing to happen.
Ordinary immigrants / non asylum seekers don't get these accommodations.

the situation is really bad. Irish tax payers and Irisb families have paid thousands to educate their children into necessary careers. We need Irish nurses and doctors to stay here. Their education has been paid for and subsidised massively by the state...by us..tax payers. We cannot afford to be educating people who then leave because they cannot afford to pay the rents or get a morgage here. It's crazy that this is happening and then the country is supposed to turn around and give each asylum seeker...nearly €300 a week...along with practically free accommodation and food and free health care..free education...free clothing....free everything. Many Ukrainians were getting all that and also working..getting paid under the table...
Whereas an Irish homeless family could expect to be left on a list waiting years for a home and have no chance of work with no permanent address. An ordinary Irish worker aged 25 is unable to pay rent in Dublin or get a mortgage.
So is this bit in bold from your post true or not?

As for the damage done to tents along the canal in Dublin..
People have been attacked on those canals for decades... They're not safe to walk at night. Even as a child I knew that the Dublin Canals were tricky and dangerous to be on and we always steered clear...even in the daytime.

My parents lived 200 yards from here until last year, it is smack bang in the middle of D2, a very rich area. OK, Pearse St and Ringsend aren't far away but to portray this part of the canal as dangerous is inaccurate.

This was a targeted attack against the migrants, not some gurriers relieving some Foxrock wanker of his mobile phone.

My parents lived 200 yards from here until last year, it is smack bang in the middle of D2, a very rich area. OK, Pearse St and Ringsend aren't far away but to portray this part of the canal as dangerous is inaccurate.

This was a targeted attack against the migrants, not some gurriers relieving some Foxrock wanker of his mobile phone.

Apologies.
I mistook it for the Royal canal.

I've no idea who attacked the tents.
Do you?

It was effectively more than 300 if you add 220 to the medical card, free legal aid and free accommodation.. but yes. 220 cash as opposed to 300
To Ukrainians or all asylum seekers? As you said asylum seekers get 300 euro and posted a link about the Ukrainian scheme and nothing about all asylum seekers getting that amount

Maybe I’m reading this wrong but from what has been posted some people are angry that European immigrants are getting money, benefits and housing from the state … so their response is to then attack the non-European immigrants who are getting either nothing or very little from the state and hence living in tents by a canal?

I agree.
But are they Fascists? Or just gangs of arsehole thugs? Maybe it doesnt make a difference..

Probably a bit of both, some wannabe fascists and fellow travellers.

These aren't just Twitter mobs, they're causing riots, burning down buildings and attacking people. They're getting a toehold. We saw it happen over here and can see it going in the same direction.

To Ukrainians or all asylum seekers? As you said asylum seekers get 300 euro and posted a link about the Ukrainian scheme and nothing about all asylum seekers getting that amount
I dont know.
All I know is that now everyone is getting €38.
It could be that asylum seekers from before the Ukraine war were getting the lesser figure. And mahbe it increased when the Ukrainians arrived and all got the same or maybe they got less.
Not sure.

This would be appear to be a more accurate source

"Residents of Direct Provision receive a weekly allowance of €38.80 or €29.80 for a child from the Department of Social Welfare"

I dont know.
All I know is that now everyone is getting €38.
It could be that asylum seekers from before the Ukraine war were getting the lesser figure. And mahbe it increased when the Ukrainians arrived and all got the same or maybe they got less.
Not sure.
Then do you think it's wise and correct to post that asylum seekers get given 300 euro when you don't know that they do?

Maybe I’m reading this wrong but from what has been posted some people are angry that European immigrants are getting money, benefits and housing from the state … so their response is to then attack the non-European immigrants who are getting either nothing or very little from the state and hence living in tents by a canal?

I think what is happening is that people are increasingly frustrated by lack of services for Irish people. It is extremely expensive and rents are extortionate.

I dont subscribe to any of the actions taken by thugs. But I can see that the government has made a proper haims.

Reactions: Ax^
Again, that was for Ukrainians not all asylum seekers wasn't it?

I posted the information from the Ukraine site so ...yes... for Ukrainians. Because they have been the biggest influx into the country with over 100000 already. That's a massive number for a small country that is unequipped to cope with its own population.

Direct Provision numbers were small and relatively manageable for years here....up to the war in Ukraine and covid which caused its own issues for everyone homeless. The money was very low in District Provision. 34 euros I think.

But with huge numbers from Ukraine things got a lot more difficult. And the rise in Irish homelessness had a massive impact on any seatch for accommodation for anyone homeless.

Sorry my 300 euro figure was not correct..as in cash in hand. They were getting 220 cash and the rest was made up in free accommodation and free medical.

I dont know what you're trying to do? Make me look racist or something? I didnt make up these ridiculous rules.

I feel very sorry for every genuine asylum seeker.

Last edited:
What is the source for this figure?
Read the posts. The figure pf 220 a week was what was given to Ukrainians here until very recently

Read the posts. The figure pf 220 a week was what was given to Ukrainians here until very recently

Have you not got a proper source?

How proper does it need to be?

Who are Visit Ukraine Today? Why do you think they have accurate information?

Is there not a primary or official source available?

Back
Top Bottom