Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ireland - newcomers and the far right

The Mayor was on RTE this morning saying that there was not enough cops available in Dublin and that there's a drastic shortfall which emboldened a lot of the thuggery. From what I could see from social media that was fairly evident with a lot of guards getting rounded on and at least one of their bikes getting nicked and thrown in the river.

The Mayor was on RTE this morning saying that there was not enough cops available in Dublin and that there's a drastic shortfall which emboldened a lot of the thuggery. From what I could see from social media that was fairly evident with a lot of guards getting rounded on and at least one of their bikes getting nicked and thrown in the river.

Yeah there was a video of a Garda pretty much running for his life with a mob chasing and shouting, "kill him, kill him." (Not the big fella on O'Connell Bridge). Didn't like the source so didn't share here.

Just watching this back. Can't tell really who's playing who. A cop car, left alone in the street with an open door during a riot. :hmm:

Reactions: PTK
I can't make out from the press reports what is going on. School children were attacked with a knife, some of them stabbed. Then there were far-right riots in response. Who is suspected of the stabbing and why are the far right rioting?

I can't make out from the press reports what is going on. School children were attacked with a knife, some of them stabbed. Then there were far-right riots in response. Who is suspected of the stabbing and why are the far right rioting?
There was a stabbing in afternoon/morning
Far right whipped it up saying it was someone "foreign" who did the stabbing
Shit spread on social media and people came out, then more people came out for a fight/riot/looting
Is my understanding

Posted at 13:0713:07

Analysis: Far right has grown in Ireland​

Aoife Moore
BBC Dublin Reporter
After the stabbings, rumours spread on the WhatsApp, Telegram and Signal messaging apps and far-right agitators decided they would protest at the crime scene.
But that escalated into violence and the rioters, including young people, soon took over a large area of Dublin city centre.
For months there has been real concern that something like this could happen.
The far right in the Republic of Ireland has grown and become incredibly emboldened, recently holding a protest outside the Oireachtas (Irish Parliament).
But the violence last night was on a level not seen in Dublin in decades and has left the people of city reeling.

Just watching this back. Can't tell really who's playing who. A cop car, left alone in the street with an open door during a riot. :hmm:

My impression from that thread is their public order officers were extremely inexperienced. Obviously well equipped and had basic training but experience counts for a lot. As the people rioting appeared to be little more than a rabble they could have gained control quite easily. Perhaps Sunak should offer aid from PSNI officers?

My impression from that thread is their public order officers were extremely inexperienced. Obviously well equipped and had basic training but experience counts for a lot. As the people rioting appeared to be little more than a rabble they could have gained control quite easily. Perhaps Sunak should offer aid from PSNI officers?

Yeah they're mostly used to back up bailiffs in evictions and for cracking students heads.

Far right whipped it up saying it was someone "foreign" who did the stabbing

right, i got to the same conclusion. i could get from the rioting to the looting, but i couldn't get from the stabbing to the rioting.

Posted at 13:0713:07

Analysis: Far right has grown in Ireland​

Aoife Moore
BBC Dublin Reporter
After the stabbings, rumours spread on the WhatsApp, Telegram and Signal messaging apps and far-right agitators decided they would protest at the crime scene.
But that escalated into violence and the rioters, including young people, soon took over a large area of Dublin city centre.
For months there has been real concern that something like this could happen.
The far right in the Republic of Ireland has grown and become incredibly emboldened, recently holding a protest outside the Oireachtas (Irish Parliament).
But the violence last night was on a level not seen in Dublin in decades and has left the people of city reeling.

Interesting analysis from Aoife, nothing about how the homegrown Fash get support from UK fash? I wonder how the likes of The Irish Light and ilk are funded? Does Paul Staines still enable all this shit?

the stabber was a brown bloke whod been in ireland for twenty years nobodys sure what the motive was a brazillan deliveroo driver lamped him with his helmet and others helped restrain before the police arrived.

facists used the internet to claim he was a muslim and a terror attack so decided to riot because that makes sense????

One of the people who intervened.

I've just bought him a pint.

Back
Top Bottom