Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Invent modern-day Seinfeld plots

mrsfran

Slightly less bulbous
This is one of my favourite Twitter feeds: https://mobile.twitter.com/SeinfeldToday?p=s

Some gems:

- Jerry discovers Newman is secretly an Internet famous fan fiction writer. George gets aroused reading 50 Shades of Gray, questions self.

- Elaine is caught on video laughing at 9/11 memorial. @Gawker posts it & turns her into a pariah. Kramer claims to have invented the Snuggie.

- Kramer fights with an Apple Genius. Elaine dates a hot subway conductor. Jerry gets an offer to "ghost tweet" the Kelloggs feed.

- Kramer uses Kickstarter to fund a line of dog tasers. "Tasers for dogs to protect themselves. To protect themselves, Jerry! "

And one that I made up:

-Elaine thinks she went to school with Adele. Jerry dumps his girlfriend for retweeting everything he says.

Can you make up your own? Go!

George's uncanny Barack Obama impersonation leads to accusations of racism. Elaine is waiting for her favourite novel to lapse into public domain so she can get it on her Kindle without paying.

and yet it still managed to be one of the funniest sitcoms ever and consistantly for a long time
It wasn't funny. It was whiny, indulgent, insular, bollocks by and for a parochial metropolitan elite. Which might have been OK had it been funny, but it failed to make the universal from the particular, and instead said nothing at all to the majority of viewers.

It wasn't funny. It was whiny, indulgent, insular, bollocks by and for a parochial metropolitan elite. Which might have been OK had it been funny, but it failed to make the universal from the particular, and instead said nothing at all to the majority of viewers.
I think quite a few million people would disagree with that. I enjoyed it as a 16 y.o. country bumpkin. Also, bizarre that you think "it failed to make the universal from the particular" - why else would it have sold to so many countries?

I think quite a few million people would disagree with that. I enjoyed it as a 16 y.o. country bumpkin. Also, bizarre that you think "it failed to make the universal from the particular" - why else would it have sold to so many countries?
It spoke to the kind of person who commissions TV shows.

Greg Evigan!!
I've never seen this man in my life.

220px-Greg_Evigan.jpg

Which came in reply to your statement that it said nothing to no-one in the UK. Which was clearly bollocks.
I wouldn't have said anything so ungrammatical, unless in jest. I said it "said nothing at all to the majority of viewers". Clearly, since viewing figures were low, this is true.

Back
Top Bottom