Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm in Cardiff next week, where should I go for a drink?

netbob

I'm in Cardiff for 3 days next week on my own [sniff] (contract work thing). I'm staying near the station, any suggestions on where's good for a pint or two? Any urban meetups going on?

I'm in Cardiff for 3 days next week on my own [sniff] (contract work thing). I'm staying near the station, any suggestions on where's good for a pint or two? Any urban meetups going on?
what kind of pub do you like? most pubs in Cardiff are fine, you could catch the blue bendy bus down to the bay, loadsa places there too

I recomend the micro brewery on Wesgate St: Zerodegrees :cool:

yes tis nice, bit big souless when empty tho.
Kiwis
21-23 Wyndham Arcade
City Centre
CF10 1SH
:hmm: u havin a laugh? :D
Clwb Ifor Bach is a great venue but I think that's weekends only. ianw has a good guide: http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/cardiff.html

they do stuff in the week as well

www.clwb.net

could maybe meet up if you're not a nutter :hmm: (too much of one like)

Vulcan.jpg

now come on! :eek::D

yeah
the Vulcan!, maybe difficult for a new to Cardiff person to find tho

Twas only a joke...............i was once turned away from the club for being too young when we tried to go in there for a laugh. Unfortunately, that wouldn't happen now!

thanks for the suggestions - I like the look of the vulcan, i might pop in there on tuesday or wednesday night if ddraig or anyone fancies popping along :)

goat major, cottage,

pen and wig if you don't mind students.

buffalo and 10 feet tall if you don't mind hipsters.

cayo arms and mocyn du occasionally have a few good ales.

thanks for the suggestions - I like the look of the vulcan, i might pop in there on tuesday or wednesday night if ddraig or anyone fancies popping along :)

i could be tempted to show you the way :D
lemme know which night u thinks best and i'll try me best
would say 'we' like but the Wales/Cymru are notorious fer bein shite :rolleyes:

goat major, cottage,

pen and wig if you don't mind students.

buffalo and 10 feet tall if you don't mind hipsters.

cayo arms and mocyn du occasionally have a few good ales.

Mochyn is full of Llanelli refugees and Pobl y Cwm. It serves up fail.

The Cayo is full of Cardiff and gogs. Full of win.

And if you're down Tuesday, well, you can watch the mighty bluebirds kick the arse out of the cup. It's gonna be lively.

:)

I like Dempseys, it's got a pretty cool atmosphere (music too) once there's a few people in there, and it's a nae bad pint. The Pen and Wig (pig in a wig :mad:) does some lovely ales if you're into that, and the Goat Major is small and wooden and rather lovely. Most of the boozers aren't bad really, but those stand out imo. :)

No reflex, is a different club - the old bar emporium, Flares is the old Bank - both piss poor places!!

I remember going in The Bank when I was a teenager and being really intimidated by the tall, model like people.......god that was a looong time ago.

Back
Top Bottom