ian wright as a pundit

• rfu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rollem

two kinds of wonderful
he's not any good is he?

his comment last night regarding gerrad's dive summed it up really

"its fair, others do it so we should too" (or words to that effect...):rolleyes:

is he only on the tv to be the token clown that jumps up and down when we score? or does he have something valuable to bring to the pundit table?

dont get me wrong, i quite like him really, makes me giggle at times. but his punditry is rubbish....

TV pundits in the UK are shit - the WC fills me with dread.

A choice of Ally McCoist and Andy Townsend vs Ian Wright and Alan Shearer is just :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

Ian Wright is an absolute tosser when he's on TV - that talk about the penalty was stupid. Bet he won't be so understanding when it goes against England.

I like him tbh - he's a tool like, but an entertaining tool - he wears his heart on his sleeve and is unashamdely biased - i would rather listen to that than say the mealy-mouthed types like gary lineker who refuse to acknowledge that anything bad happened and daren't acknowledge that perhaps england players may be poor, cheaty whatever - Ian wright goes in a huff and calls them shit - i like that - shows he cares.

He's awful, I know he's a nice guy and all but he's never got anything of interest to say about a game ever. A complete waste of space.

I quite like Ian Wright, but I was very pissed off with him last night.

It's bad enough that diving goes on at all; and it's bad enough that there's always been a prevalent hypocritical attitude in this country that somehow 'we' don't ever resort to those kind of cynical 'continental' :)rolleyes: ) tactics.

But it's even worse, IMO, for a well-known pundit to basically tell everybody it's ok to cheat.

:(

Imo ....

1. He's populist, simplistic, not that intelligent, not very good at proper analysis. In other words a bit of a twat.
2. The Sun calls him 'Wrighty' and always treats what he says as if it's the oracle or something.

Fucking shit.

And I always thought he was a shit player too.

Get back to your lame arse bollocks Saturday early evening quiz show crap, you nob.

He is a TERRIBLE pundit, always has been. But he still amuses me because he just reminds me of the bloke down the pub who feels he needs to put the world to rights (no pun intended ;)) about football and the england team.

He's incredibly inconsistent with his opinions but then what football fan isn't?

He is bitter cause shaun aint been selected.

When he was having a go at hargreeves I half expected him to say that Shaun should take his place.

I like Ian Wright, he is a fan who is also a pundit & it shows. During England v Argentina in France 98 he was commentating for ITV. Before that match he was with Jim Rosenthal above the Argentine supporters. Jim was doing a peice to camera & was wondering why coins were whistling around his ears. He turns to Ian Wright (who is off camera), Ian Wright is drapped in the Cross of St George giving the Argentine supporters the "Come on"..:D

Ian Wright is the worst pundit.

Graeme Le Saux was until he realised how shite he was and left the punditry world.

Ian Wright on Benitez on news that Rafa was to join Liverpool.

"Liverpool are mugs man, they've got rid of Houllier and bought in Benitez, it's a muggy move man, a muggy move"!

Erm, not quite "man", not quite! :cool:

Chorlton said:
I like him tbh - he's a tool like, but an entertaining tool - he wears his heart on his sleeve and is unashamdely biased - i would rather listen to that than say the mealy-mouthed types like gary lineker who refuse to acknowledge that anything bad happened and daren't acknowledge that perhaps england players may be poor, cheaty whatever - Ian wright goes in a huff and calls them shit - i like that - shows he cares.

what he said. :cool:

SubComandante said:
He is a TERRIBLE pundit, always has been. But he still amuses me because he just reminds me of the bloke down the pub who feels he needs to put the world to rights (no pun intended ;)) about football and the england team.

He's incredibly inconsistent with his opinions but then what football fan isn't?

Despite my earlier ranting about him, I think ^this^ post kind of sums up why I like Ian Wright.

Yeah he's hypocritical/inconsistent sometimes, but he's indeed only saying what a lot of other fans would be saying to everybody/anybody else in the pub. And compared to a lot of other pundits, you can't really fault the man's enthusiasm...

:)

Andy the Don said:
He turns to Ian Wright (who is off camera), Ian Wright is drapped in the Cross of St George giving the Argentine supporters the "Come on"..:D
things like that make me laugh :oops: :D

He's just the token clown figure, there to take the piss out of Hansen. Does anyone listen to pundits anyway? Aren't they just the half time entertainment. I always thought everyone acknowledged that they are just bullshitters. Wright fills his role perfectly. David Pleat's role for example, is to mispronounce all the foreign players' names for amusement.

A tricky question for people: if you could choose either Ian Wright or Garth Crooks never to appear on TV again, which would it be?

Nemo said:
A tricky question for people: if you could choose either Ian Wright or Garth Crooks never to appear on TV again, which would it be?
ooh toughy

can't you ask me ian wright or andy gray instead....

lineker is the worst of the lot - smarmy hoor-bag junkfood salesman with an wenger-a-like ability to miss the parts of the game that might portray 'our boys' in a bad light

actually i think i hate alan hansen more than i hate lineker.... and possibley andy fucken townsend most of all....

when i start thinking about alan green and david pleat i wonder if i did give the right answer originally? They are all bad bad tools

i like jimmy magee tho

Pat Nevin is the only one I actively like, and he's hardly ever on owt, I hope one of the channels are using him. The unhealthy diet of Motson over the years has made me appreciate Barry Davies more, but he only seems to do gymnastics and stuff these days.

meurig said:
Crooks. He's a pompous twat. At least Ian Wright has a modicum of self awareness.
So true...doesnt he take himself seriously? You'd think he was interviewing Nixon!

Hate him on that sky sports thingy (you know when they sit infront of TV moniters and shout a lot)....

I'm not stalking you btw...!

meurig said:
Crooks. He's a pompous twat. At least Ian Wright has a modicum of self awareness.

Agreed!

Crooks always speaks like he's discussing UN peace summits or something, FFS! :rolleyes: :D

Flashman said:
Well I was going to ring him and have a word, but seeing as you've put it so vehemently I'll leave it.

he would be doing that thing with a streamer in each hand.... i really do have some fantastic mental images going on right now...

Back
Top Bottom