Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ian Tomlinson CPS verdict: "no realistic prospect of conviction"

PC SIMON HARWOOD didn't kill #IanTomlinson alone: Ch Supt ALEX ROBERTSON; PC ALAN PALFREY; Ch Insp PETER MILLS & others #G20KillersHaveNames

I await the tide of derision but I have sent the message below to the PM and Home Secretary; you're limited to 1000 characters on the Number 10 contact page. I've also copied it to my local MP and some national news papers.

Dear Mr Cameron please help right a wrong.

The decision of the CPS to deny Ian Tomlinson's family their 'day in court' is damaging and unnecessary.

The damage is obvious. Ian Tomlinson's family continue to be hurt. The reputation of the Metropolitan Police is severely compromised by video evidence of one of it's officers assaulting a member of the public. Public confidence in the criminal justice system - police, CPS and courts - takes a heavy blow.

It seems that the CPS have placed all their emphasis on one part of their 'full code test' whilst ignoring much of the rest of it e.g. whether 'there are 'concerns over the accuracy, reliability or credibility of the evidence of any witness'.

Why not trust a jury to consider all the evidence including the questions relating to Mr Patel's professional competency.

The hurt and the damage can be rectified by submitting the CPS decision to judicial review and allowing the jury trial system to take it's course.​

which is a round-about way of saying "corruption" :D
umm, no 'systemic failure' or 'institutionalised pro-establishmentism', if anything.
corruption would be if the wads of used tenners - or used fifties, if you're a harpenden chap ;):p - were seen hanging out of their pockets during the press conferences.

So PC Simon Harwood was the copper who killed Ian Tomlinson?

If so that info should be widely distributed - including details of where he is stationed. Maybe theres scope for a campaign for him to be sacked - pressure his CO to get killers of the streets. We should make it impossible for this violent shit bag to carry on as a police officer.

umm, no 'systemic failure' or 'institutionalised pro-establishmentism', if anything.
corruption would be if the wads of used tenners - or used fifties, if you're a harpenden chap ;):p - were seen hanging out of their pockets during the press conferences.
Being "conditioned" into telling lies in court, to cover up a killing, is in my books, corruption. The wedges of cash would be bribary. And whilst the 2 go hand in hand, this is just th former. :p

(please add words as needed: fucking, murdering, pig, bastard and scum)

Not for me it ain't. If you don't know what they're saying then you've not less grounds on which to counter them - that's why juts shouting cunts about cuts (or most things) is worthless.

it's cathartic though :D

I don't need to watch the news to hear what's been said. I know the jist of it before it's on. It's always the same agenda driven garbage. Wrap it up how you like, it's the same thing, day in, day out.

edit, family reaction
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10728043

(contradiction post is contradicting)

the bbc are also uterrly failing to mention that dr patel is a corrupt, incompetent disgrace to his proffession who is about to be struck off and that his 'evidence' would be swiftly discredited in a court of law. Seeing as that 'conflicting pathologist eveidence' is the basis for the CPS's decision not to prosecute I would say that they are seriously neglecting their duty as an 'impartial broadcaster' in failing to point this out.

the bbc are also uterrly failing to mention that dr patel is a corrupt, incompetent disgrace to his proffession who is about to be struck off and that his 'evidence' would be swiftly discredited in a court of law. Seeing as that 'conflicting pathologist eveidence' is the basis for the CPS's decision not to prosecute I would say that they are seriously neglecting their duty as an 'impartial broadcaster' in failing to point this out.

since when have they been impartial? they're the voice of the state and it is naive to assume otherwise.

it's always worth asking e19896, it's not often apparent who he's nicked stuff from

So the fact PC SIMON HARWOOD didn't kill IanTomlinson alone: Ch Supt ALEX ROBERTSON; PC ALAN PALFREY; Ch Insp PETER MILLS & others G20 Killers Have Names agreed i should have said where the info come from ie briskers but lets not stop you being a wanker and using a simple mistake doing as you all ways do anyhow more info http://wp.me/pAQAs-8i and note the where the info has come from is linked and info on Murders that Scotland Yard have not been charged with and i feel that is the focus here not you petty disagreement and the fact your a utter wanker, dose not remove from the fact The Police once more walk from murder, it is that fact alone we need to focus on..

A delaying yet rushing action by the CPS. Delay to get certain charges out of date and before freddy patel gets struck off so the later case on which the larger refusal to charge is based can look slightly kosher. I wonder who kept them informed of the process on the later case? Oh for some decent investigative journos.

So the fact PC SIMON HARWOOD didn't kill IanTomlinson alone: Ch Supt ALEX ROBERTSON; PC ALAN PALFREY; Ch Insp PETER MILLS & others G20 Killers Have Names agreed i should have said where the info come from ie briskers but lets not stop you being a wanker and using a simple mistake doing as you all ways do anyhow more info http://wp.me/pAQAs-8i and note the where the info has come from is linked and info on Murders that Scotland Yard have not been charged with and i feel that is the focus here not you petty disagreement and the fact your a utter wanker, dose not remove from the fact The Police once more walk from murder, it is that fact alone we need to focus on..

Tell you what, keep it fucking zipped for now eh?

you seem confused. as usual.

A delaying yet rushing action by the CPS. Delay to get certain charges out of date and before freddy patel gets struck off so the later case on which the larger refusal to charge is based can look slightly kosher. I wonder who kept them informed of the process on the later case? Oh for some decent investigative journos.
lack of investigative journalists, but we do have bristle krs

Tell you what, keep it fucking zipped for now eh?

fuck that lets talk about the fact The Police have walked from another murder, not some crass disagreement you and others have with myself, i have the right to add to this conversation as much as the next person and it was a simple mistake.

fuck the beeb on this one. '?The medical evidence was in conflict' is bullshit, the discredited pathologist called in to do the fit up job was later overruled by two seperate autopsies. That isn't disagreement that is a total fraud being shown up by two separate examiners. This is some shameful shit.

No reason why the Tomlinson family - or other persons - can't bring a private prosecution, is there?
No ... except that any lawyer they engage will advise them that they will face the same evidential issues and that they will be liable to be responsible for costs if they lose and that the CPS have the right to take over a private prosecution and discontinue it if they choose to do so ...

Mansfield will be along in a minute offering to do it and will end up with an acquittal (certainly in relation to manslaughter - perhaps less so in relation to ABH - their explanation for why they have not proceeded with that was, in my view, the weakest). The law is the law and the evidential difficulties are not imaginary. This is general law applicable to everyone and not something special applicable to police cases (see one punch manslaughter acquittals involving drunken fights ad nauseum...)

John McDonnell MP, LRC Chair, said:

“Given the stark nature of the video evidence it is hard to understand the CPS’s findings. An independent public inquiry is warranted.”
Andrew Fisher, LRC joint secretary, said:

“Today’s incomprehensible decision is a stark reminder - on the fifth anniversary of the murder of Jean Charles de Menezes - that too often the police are placed above the law. The campaign for justice for Ian Tomlinson will continue, just as it has for Jean Charles de Menezes and for Blair Peach - and the LRC will continue to support these campaigns.”

http://l-r-c.org.uk/press/no-justice-as-police-exonerated-again/

could you please repeat all this after you've either a) had it subbed by an english teacher, or trained journo, or b) felt your stabilising meds kick in.
This stream-of-consciousness megaramble is virtually incomprehensible, and doesn't help the discussion

Back
Top Bottom