Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Huge explosion in Lebanon, 4th Aug 2020

Idris2002

canadian girlfriend
Massive explosion in Beirut today:

<a href="">August 4, 2020</a></blockquote>

Not clear what's going on yet. . .

It was already on fire or exploding before the main blast, hence the videos.

If you ever have the misfortune to see shit like this in real life, remember that light travels much faster than either sound or blast waves, and take fucking cover!

Lots of people saying fireworks storage but right next to a grain storage facility which may possibly have contributed.
It looks like a load of random fireworks explosions before the enormo-blast in one of the videos. It must have been terrifying to witness.

If that's just down to a fireworks factory/warehouse, WTF are they putting in their fireworks? :hmm:

My bet is some industrial/factory related thing looking at that, rather than a missile or bomb.

Someone will have geolocated the site by now if anyone can be arsed looking around OSINT websites.

Hell - that looks way beyond most military munitions to me - let alone fireworks! :eek:

TBF that level of damage - and it looks absolutely horrific - looks a lot more like an industrial accident involving many tonnes of stuff going up. I doubt there are non-nuclear munitions that can cause that amount of damage, though I suppose its possible that someone might have turned a factory into a giant IED or something (though managerial incompetence has a much longer record of doing that).

Back
Top Bottom