Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How will you vote in the AV referendum on 5th May 2010 ?

How will you vote in the referendum ?

• yes

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • no

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • spoiling ballet

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • won't vote

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moochedit

I'm not feeding seagulls
How will you vote in the AV referendum on 5th May 2011 ? (anonymous poll)

The question on the ballot paper will be :

Do you want the United Kingdom to adopt the ‘alternative vote’ system
instead of the current ‘first past the post’ system
for electing Members of Parliament to the House of Commons?

also started party poll here

I'll be voting no, as I'll see it as something the Lib Dems want and something I'm not bothered about.

i've heard that its the most big party friendly form of PR but i will probably still vote as what we have now is the most undemocratic system you could have - even if my local MP started beasting kids he could probably still win, his majority being well over 10,000

Yep. Its not the system I want but anything that stops a in theory right wing party combining votes with an in theory left wing party is a good thing.

dave

No, with the heaviest of hearts. It's not only not true PR (which I very much want), it's nowhere near it. We're being sold shoddy goods and I'll have none of it

Fair enough just read through the proposals properly and it isn't what i was led to believe in the slightest.

I change my vote from yes to really couldn't care less

No, with the heaviest of hearsts. It's not only not true PR (which I very much want), it's nowhere near it. We're being sold shoddy goods and I'll have none of it

so Nick Clegg has bent over for Cameron on everything, in order to achieve something that isn't even PR anyway!

I'm not eligible to vote without going through some convoluted process, but if I was it would be no.

No because it isn't PR and passing this can only delay the introduction of real PR.

No because I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference how we elect politicians without having any means to hold them to account (recall for situations when the powers that be decide gross misconduct has occurred does not count).

No because it'll help to fuck up the Lib Dems and make it that little bit easier to bring the government down.

No because the Lib Dems must not be rewarded for their cowardice.

i've heard that its the most big party friendly form of PR but i will probably still vote as what we have now is the most undemocratic system you could have - even if my local MP started beasting kids he could probably still win, his majority being well over 10,000

It's not PR. It is another form of majoritarian voting like FPTP. It can in fact produce results that are even less proportionate than the current system.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

I'm not that bright so I need a bit of help here, which is more likely to get a majority Labour government or at least a coalition with mostly Labour MPs at next election. I will vote for whatever that is, will it be AV or FPtheP?

Back
Top Bottom