Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question How much do you hate your printer?

How much do you hate your printer?

• 1. Minor irritation

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 2. Occasionally a bit pissed off

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 3. Really quite angry

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • 4. Homicidal rage

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
Resurrecting just to link to an article that I whole-heartedly agree with.

Yeah. I inherited an older version many years ago and it was far from new then. It just keeps going. We dropped something heavy on it, so the documents fall out now when it prints, but it works. The paper feed started making funny noises last year and assumed it would need to be replaced, but it must have heard and started behaving itself.

The only feature I'd like would be WiFi, but I'm not replacing the printer just for that.

I hate how work printers go into a panic when their trays are less than full. They flash at you in green alarm, yet when you pull the tray out, it has loads of paper in it

Given how many stories of horror and rage I've heard relating to their printers, how the fuck are HP still in business? I don't own or a printer nor am I intending to for the foreseeable future, but if I were in the market then I would stay the fuck away from inkjets and anything made by HP. Their reputation is utterly soiled.

It really is. I've spent so many years buying shitty HP inkjets which dry out and stop working and are built like they came out of a cracker. I got a Brother B&W laser and it just sits there and prints what I tell it to.
Same here. When I started at university, I bought myself an HP Laserjet. It took me a couple of years (and installing the Linux print driver) to discover it had double-sided capability :D

After 17 years, with its paper tray springs getting a little tireder, I gave it to my stepson, and now run a newer Laserjet, that plugs in via Ethernet. And, on the whole, have very little trouble with it.

Given how many stories of horror and rage I've heard relating to their printers, how the fuck are HP still in business? I don't own or a printer nor am I intending to for the foreseeable future, but if I were in the market then I would stay the fuck away from inkjets and anything made by HP. Their reputation is utterly soiled.

I think mostly because all inkjet printers are hateful things.

my oldest printer is a brother laser, it's over 10 years old and probably done a million pages, I run it on cheap toner had to change the drum a few times and the fuser went at one point but was an easy enough job to replace and a very cheap part.

It's only taken me about 5 hours today to persuade my printer to just print some stuff at A3 without messing up the scale or rotating things randomly so have approached the homicidal rage threshold a couple of times.

Another vote for a cheap Brother Mono Laser, had one for a few years now and it's never missed a beat or even had a paper jam. If you need to scan as well get a cheap second hand Canonscan off eBay.

If i actually picture one of them in my mind, one of them bad bastards, i get a stress wave starting from teh top of my head to my toes, and i feel a bit sick. i even start to think about my divorce.

and that's just thinking, not interaction.

I hate how work printers go into a panic when their trays are less than full. They flash at you in green alarm, yet when you pull the tray out, it has loads of paper in it
Do you also feel that you are the only person that actually feeds the thing? The printer used to be right beside my desk, and I got so fed up with people having hysterics that the bloody thing was out of paper that I used to top up both drawers every morning.

I have an Epson Ecotank, because I do quite a lot of printing. It is excellent, indeed, it surprised both of us by suddenly deciding that it could and would print wirelessly. :)

Do you also feel that you are the only person that actually feeds the thing? The printer used to be right beside my desk, and I got so fed up with people having hysterics that the bloody thing was out of paper that I used to top up both drawers every morning.
No, but I do get fed up of customers telling me it’s out of paper when i know it’s half full. I also get fed up of egg on redface on the rare occasions that it is actually out of paper, after me insisting it’s not. :oops:

I have an Epson Ecotank, because I do quite a lot of printing. It is excellent, indeed, it surprised both of us by suddenly deciding that it could and would print wirelessly. :)
I bought a new Chromebook recently and was surprised when it printed to my home printer wirelessly without me having to install or add it. I guess that if you’re signed into the Chrome browser already, you don’t need to reinstall or add a new printer.

Back
Top Bottom