Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question How much do you hate your printer?

How much do you hate your printer?

• 1. Minor irritation

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 2. Occasionally a bit pissed off

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 3. Really quite angry

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • 4. Homicidal rage

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
I have an Epson XP-720 which we have had for a good few years, I use it mostly for scanning but Mrs Q does a fair bit of printing. I buy generic cartridges for it at the fraction of the price of a 'genuine' Epson one.
Every time I change one it nags me about using 'non-genuine' cartridges and I have to select Accept to carry on. It prints fine with them though, I haven't used an epson cartridge for absolute yonks.
I've only ever used generic cartridges in my printers. Never yet had a problem, I'd not recommend using the OEM ones. I can't, from my experience, justify the cost.

My printers are a lovely pair of ladies in town. Whenever I pop in to pick something up they demand to see recent photos of the dogs and enquire whether I've had any good scores on Freecycle.

One of the printer makers was making an offer for a printer that orders its own supplies. So just as the Cyan cartridge runs out a new one arrives in the post.

Seems like an idea.

However I don't print my photos at home, I get them printed on a professional Fuji Frontier printer in a shop, and they are water fast meaning I can wipe off finger prints with a wet cloth and the colours don't run.

I don't think I will ever print in colour at home, so my black laser is a fine solution when I do need to print, even if toner replacements are expensive.

Never had any problems with them. I was the printer whisperer last time I had a vaguely officey job. Manager there did often threaten to bring the printer along to volunteer wellbeing sessions though, after I'd fixed whatever problem he was having :oops:

Thankfully I've not used a printer at all for at least three years now - have a cheapo scanner/printer at home but that just gathers dust, and have no need to print anything at work as everything is done on the laptop.

Thankfully I've not used a printer at all for at least three years now - have a cheapo scanner/printer at home but that just gathers dust

if it's an inkjet, it may have got clagged. Mine did a couple of years back. I got a set of cleaning cartridges which cured it.

Getting a B&W laser printer is absolutely the answer. Inkjets are horrible torture devices that strain both nerves and wallets. Also, you get that nice warm paper smell from a laser printer.

This a 1000% I think mine is like 14.years old (maybe more). They just keep going. I've gone through multiple cheap inkjet in that time, before giving up on them, but the brother keeps plodding.

• Printer is not connected to wifi
  • OK, can I not just plug it in with a USB cable?
  • No
:mad:

I tried printing something with a mac once. I swore an oath that day that I would never buy anything made by apple.

• Printer is not connected to wifi
  • OK, can I not just plug it in with a USB cable?
  • No
:mad:

I tried printing something with a mac once. I swore an oath that day that I would never buy anything made by apple.

Should have used a printer.

out of curiosity, i've just looked (the filing system works sometimes) and i got my current inkjet printer in october 2013 so don't think it's doing too bad

Back
Top Bottom