Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Home printer recommendations please…

Another vote for Brother. My last one lasted about 12 years and I only bought a new one because the old one stopped talking to the network. And I think that was my fault as I got the password wrong. Anyway I bought the new version of the old one. I can give you a link, but I wanted to be able to print A3 and colour so it's over the top for your needs. But not that much more pricey than two sheds one.
Good price for an all in 1 A3 colour laser.

It's their ink subscription scam that makes me wish a painful death on them. They can and will stop your print job half way through, even if you have full cartridges, if you neglected to buy new ones from them. You're paying per page, even if you only put a full stop on each page.
But you can opt out at anytime by putting in a cartridge you have brought 'normally' which is what I did.

But you can opt out at anytime by putting in a cartridge you have brought 'normally' which is what I did.
Unless it's a non-HP cartridge.
Apparently, once you sign up for that instant ink thing, you can only ever use HP cartridges again, even if you cancel the subscription.

I've got a brother laser printer, its ancient now, I use dodgy toner and been through a few heads, thousands of prints made, it broke once, the fuser roller cost hardly anything, I watched a YouTube video to find out how to fit it.

I’m shambolic and am happy to throw money at anything that doesn’t require me to remember anything. ADHD tax. 😉

If I had money arriving in a predictable pattern I’d willingly pay the ADHD tax in cash in exchange for not having to plan ahead. Being a sole trader, self employed, working at night cos it’s easier not to be distracted then (also owl), up against deadlines, I have to work around the ADHD tax situation and get rebates on other things while paying upfront on shit like this.

Another vote for Brother. My last one lasted about 12 years and I only bought a new one because the old one stopped talking to the network. And I think that was my fault as I got the password wrong. Anyway I bought the new version of the old one. I can give you a link, but I wanted to be able to print A3 and colour so it's over the top for your needs. But not that much more pricey than two sheds one.

This looks very like one I’ve had in the past.

Drive by drop off posting while taking a likkle break from the actual working work stuff. I’ll read everything properly another time. If I don’t forget rolleyes

I've had Canon, Lexmark, and am now on my third Brother. In my experience they're reliable and cheap to run if you use generic inks. I recommend them for all printing needs.

got a Brother for £109 in Argos over a year ago and a snide toner cartidge from ebay , never a problem though a bit feint on the text
Snide cartridge has lasted 3 times already what a Canon ink cartridge used to, at a third of the price

Back
Top Bottom