Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much booze to get for house party?

This is very true. I remember being at a house party in my yoot and put my tinny down to chat to someone and when I picked it back up to have another gulp I got a mouth full of lager and fag ash.
I had a similar experience with a can of coke in the student common room at uni, put my drink down to take a shot in my game of pool, only to take a swig of it after and found out someone had put their cig end in it. Grim.

In terms of what? I’m southern, and I don’t turn up empty handed. Even if I’m just going to have a daytime cup of tea with someone I’ll take something like a cake we can share, or a book I thought they’d like, or whatever - a magazine or flowers I’ve picked up on the way, something for their kid, even a little joke present. How is that a Northern thing?
Definitely sense some Northern Scots/Irish heritage in your generosity, especially towards the bairns. ;)

Only northern people are friendly remember. It comes from life down pit with nowt but pies and donkeys eee by gum eck lass bain pet.

Always check the oven and washing machine at house parties Some blagger always sidelines the good grog and salts it away in kitchen nooks and crannies
At the end of my first London house party, once we had got rid of everyone (around 5 am), me and my flatmate decided we needed a cup of tea. I lifted up the kettle to check it had water in it then put it on. Five minutes later it exploded and we were showered in warm lager. Someone had stashed a can there.

Our house rule was that you'd put a firm half-crush on the can to signify its use as ash tray. Worked well.

That’s a pretty universal rule isn’t it? The problem is the ones who either don’t know, don’t care, or are too pissed to pay attention.

Who the fuck doesn’t check a can is empty before using it as an ashtray ffs.

At the end of my first London house party, once we had got rid of everyone (around 5 am), me and my flatmate decided we needed a cup of tea. I lifted up the kettle to check it had water in it then put it on. Five minutes later it exploded and we were showered in warm lager. Someone had stashed a can there.

One of my very long standing mates was a terrible prankster. One of his teenage japes was to put washing up liquid into the kettle at parties. The first time I went to his place I made sure I put plenty of washing up liquid into his kettle as I left. Next time I saw him he swore he’d never do it again.

He’s not all bad. He’ll always give me a lift home even if we’re on the other side of London, and he lives the other side of London from me. I always say no, and he always insists. Some of our best chats have been on those long rides home. Then he gets on the hands free after he’s dropped me off and we chat while he goes home to his. Sometimes I think the only reason he comes out with me is for the driving bits.

Perhaps someone’s party “calling card”

I knew someone at Uni who used to fill a condom filled with shampoo in the bath for a bit of a jape.

That’s a pretty universal rule isn’t it? The problem is the ones who either don’t know, don’t care, or are too pissed to pay attention.

Who the fuck doesn’t check a can is empty before using it as an ashtray ffs.
It's also possible that I picked up the wrong one...

Back
Top Bottom