Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much booze to get for house party?

You can run out of everything else (e.g. food) at a party but never booze.
I used to know a shop owner who would let us do a use or return, not sure if you can do that with anyone?

Also depends on what type of event, e.g. at our wedding we provided the booze for everyone for the whole day but I've had party's where guests were advised to bring a bottle.

Beer, lager, red wine, white wine, fizzy plonk, cider.

30x 4 drinks 120 bit of previous drink intelligence to work out the ratio. I.e what do you normall drink a smattering of soft drinks/mixers bottle of vodka bottle of rum

Passed four drinks they can fuxk off to Londis

If you are a craft gin wanker bring your own

I'd expect most people to bring their own but probably would get a few slabs of beer and cider, a few bottles of wine, and maybe a couple of bottles of liquor to account for people who didn't bring enough who turned up empty-handed - unless you're planning to fill a bin full of ice or whatever I wouldn't buy too much more beer than you have the capacity to keep cold.

Back in the 80s I was horrified to discover that my American friends were expected to lay on all the booze if they threw a house party.

Whereas we always worked on the theory that the person throwing the party was providing the venue, sound system and crash space. You brought your own booze and drugs and a sleeping bag.

The only difference now is that everyone goes back to their own house :D

E2A and before 2a.m. usually. Also no/almost no drugs :D

You can run out of everything else (e.g. food) at a party but never booze.
I used to know a shop owner who would let us do a use or return, not sure if you can do that with anyone?

Also depends on what type of event, e.g. at our wedding we provided the booze for everyone for the whole day but I've had party's where guests were advised to bring a bottle.
Speaking of food... wondering how much food to lay on too.

I think the theme should be 'let's all drink our Christmas leftover booze.' Keep the bathtub free, you'll be needing that for 'mixology' purposes and some sort of paddle.

Maybe some cocktail cherries.y

Yep, if you have any particularly thirsty partygoers, now's the time to use up bottles of schnapps or whatever that you'd had lying around for a long time, possibly left over from previous parties.

With close mates we always bring what we’re drinking. No expectations for the host to provide booze.

Bigger parties, depending on who is coming, there’ll be some beers and some wine or Prosecco then again up to the guest what they’re drinking.

I couldn’t ever afford a party if I had to provide it all.

Just make it clear on invite/message/post:
Bring what you drink.
I’ll have coke/tonic/soda or whatever.

As for food. I always over cater. What are you doing?
Cold
Hot
Buffet?

NYE, there was Prosecco and a punch then we drank our own. Food was hot and cold buffet food but we missed the food window, peaked too early and were all absolutely fucked.

I think implicit in organising a piss up is that the vast majority will bring their own peculiar tipple and the host will be “up on the deal” at the rising of the sun with at least a shed full of cooking lager and low end wine to tide them over the coming months
People who bring utterly shit booze that they don't drink cos they're busy drinking better stuff brought by other people? Shooting's too good. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom