Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much are cinema tickets at your local independent cinema?

Part 2

bizarre wanking accident
Previous thread is 13 years old.

I appreciate ticket prices may have increased for whatever reason over the past two years but Home in Manchester have increased ticket quite considerably by adding a charge to book online and I'm considering buying a pass for Cineworld for £16.99 a month for the next three months to see me through winter instead.

I'm interested in how prices compare to your local.

Prices below are subject to an additional £1.20/ticket if booked in advance by phone or online. Membership costs £30/year and gets you 2 free cinema tickets.

Off peak (before 17:00 Mon – Fri, before 15:00 Sat & Sun)
Full £7.95 / concs £5.95
Member full £6.45 / concs £4.95

Peak (after 17:00 Mon – Fri, after 15:00 Sat & Sun)
Full £9.95 / concs £7.95
Member full £7.95 / concs £6.45

Seems pretty cheap to me. Single adult ticket at the Cameo (which is a Picturehouse cinema) is £12.40 and the Dominion (which is a family run independent) is £12.95.

Basic adult tickets are £6.50 Monday-Wednesday, £3 Thursdays, £12 Friday-Sunday.

Discounts for kids and students. There's also a £4 supplement for the two posh screens with sofas, foot stools, blankets, and wine and good brought to your seat.

Basic adult tickets are £6.50 Monday-Wednesday, £3 Thursdays, £12 Friday-Sunday.

Discounts for kids and students. There's also a £4 supplement for the two posh screens with sofas, foot stools, blankets, and wine and good brought to your seat.

Sounds like Genesis?...my son just started working there.

£6.50 or £5 for kids at the excellent Reading Biscuit Factory. They do all sorts of deals and memberships too so it's often cheaper. They also sell beer from the Double Barrelled brewery.

Omni pass for one month costs €14.99

Individual Tickets cost
€9 adult
€8 child/ teen/ student/ senior

Not been there since 2019.

Fwiw I hear on the grapevine that home is totally fucked financially, and the city council is having to pump loads of cash into it to keep its doors open

- Matinee (Mon-Fri Before 5:00pm): €8.50

- Adult (15 and over): €10.00

- Child (14 and under): €7.00

- Senior (65 and over): €8.00

- Student: €8.00

- Family: €29 (2 x Adult + 2 x Child)

- Kids Club: €4

- 3D Glasses: €1

I just checked what prices are currently at my old local neighbourhood indie, the Cube Microplex: mostly £5, sometimes less (with £1 life membership)

There's two independent cinemas in Worthing.

Connaught Cinema
Adult £7.50
Senior £6
Student £6
Child £5
WTM Members £5
Off-Peak £5
Cheap Mondays £3.50
Saturday Morning Pictures £3
Silver Screen £4
Autism Friendly £4

Dome Cinema
Peak Pricing (Tues - Fri from 5pm, Saturday all day, Sunday before 5pm)
Adults (14-59yrs) £6.70
Senior Citizens (60yrs+) £5.20
Children (2 - 15yrs) £5.00
Students (with valid photo ID) £5.00

Off Peak Pricing (Tuesday - Friday before 5pm, Sunday from 5pm)
Adults (16-59yrs) £5.20

Bargain Monday (all regular screenings, all day except Bank Holidays and 24/26/31 Dec & 1 Jan when tickets will be £4.50. Some screenings & films excluded, please check with us) £3.50
Weekend Morning Movies (Films within first 3 weeks of release subject to £1 surcharge per ticket) £3.00

A £1.20 charge for booking in advance seems a bit deranged - what's their justification?
Fwiw I hear on the grapevine that home is totally fucked financially, and the city council is having to pump loads of cash into it to keep its doors open

No idea, it just appeared all of a sudden but it won't encourage people to go. I expect a large percentage of tickets are booked in advance. Their funding problems don't surpirse me either it's been dead in there a few time I've been in this year and a mate workes in the kitchens and said once Saturday night they had 8 people in. Can't see it improving when Factory opens in Summer.

There's two independent cinemas in Worthing.

Connaught Cinema
Adult £7.50
Senior £6
Student £6
Child £5
WTM Members £5
Off-Peak £5
Cheap Mondays £3.50
Saturday Morning Pictures £3
Silver Screen £4
Autism Friendly £4

Dome Cinema
Peak Pricing (Tues - Fri from 5pm, Saturday all day, Sunday before 5pm)
Adults (14-59yrs) £6.70

Off Peak Pricing (Tuesday - Friday before 5pm, Sunday from 5pm)
Adults (16-59yrs) £5.20

Bargain Monday (all regular screenings, all day except Bank Holidays and 24/26/31 Dec & 1 Jan when tickets will be £4.50. Some screenings & films excluded, please check with us) £3.50
Weekend Morning Movies (Films within first 3 weeks of release subject to £1 surcharge per ticket) £3.00

Nice to see that they save you a bit. :D

The Hyde Park Picture House charges between £7 and £9 depending on concessions.
Not independent but Vue Cinemas are very cheap. Weirdly the best seats are the cheapest at £6.99. The most expensive are the worst and are £8.99

Back
Top Bottom