Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot off the press DnB thread

yup label too :(
loved their tunes and nights!
from fb
https://www.facebook.com/renegadehardware/posts/10153400805623210
RH said:
OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

To confirm the situation and put paid to any further speculation. We'd like to post this statement here:

After 20 successful years Renegade Hardware have decided to bring the curtain down on both the club events and record label.

We started throwing parties with much the same ethos as we have always ran the label, as the home of the underdog, standing behind our sound and our artist's when nobody else would. We took a risk and threw our first event at the burgeoning END nightclub in 1997 and went on what we can humbly say was a legendary eleven and a half year run at the storied venue, the longest tenure for any Drum & Bass night at the club. We know many of you have fond memories from these events which were an integral part of the scene of that era, be it hearing future classic's debuted for the first time or witnessing career defining sets from our heavyweight roster of DJ's.

When the End closed we spread our wings and took our parties to even bigger venues in London including Ministry Of Sound, Coronet, Area, Cable and Electric, creating new memories for our die hard dance floor along the way. We have had an amazing run and countless good times whilst taking the Renegade Hardware brand around the world, but we think it is now time to close this chapter and move on to other endeavors.

The fact that we are still relevant after 2 decades is an achievement in itself, but as that famous quote says: "All good things must come to an end". Have no fear though, we fully intend to go out with a bang and we have planned a series of events and releases building up to what will be our big event finale in February 2016 were we will sign off with our biggest and baddest line up to date.

Many thanks for your continued support over the years.

RH

two likeable up-front tunes here

melodic
Drumagick - Like This

murky
Quarterpounder Bass (Serum Remix)

keep them coming J - feeling the Makoto one - he's a great producer

i know this threads for new tunes but heres a favourite Makoto from back in 99 - amen-pressure logical-progression cosmic-jam classic...epic intro....epic track throughout ... love this.....

No one seems to make those epic, 3 minute long intros anymore. I miss them. I haven't heard anything Makoto has done for a while now that stands out but I can't miss an opportunity to post

I like this, v chill

I always forget how many Logistics tunes I like

^^^Thats big. Like Bladerunner a lot.... on an upfront tip this 2015 Serum b2b Bladerunner live mix really doesnt get much better. Serum's really on form this year. Liking his remix of Warning 49mins in. Looks like a good annual party this, DnB Arena BBQ - free entry too - going to keep eyes peeled for this in 2016. Great party atmosphere considering it was raining! Though like boilerroom its generally better not watching the visuals i reckon

Some great casualty dancing in there though ;)

Last edited:
worldwide init, check some of the dnb groups on facebook, loads of people posting their new stuff all the time

Just heard this - I suppose it's half a jungle tempo so it belongs here. I really quite like it though.

Fell in love with DnB again in 2015 and that was very much to do with DM Cut and the Future Thinkin crew's show on Kool London. Here are my favourite 4 sets from the year - cant recommend more highly. Played on a loop all year long....

have been on the look out for a while now for more good reliable new DnB radio shows that suit my tastes and just found Coolhand Flex has a show on Origin:

like it - good straight up and down DnB

nice one Rev....
heard fabio and grooveriders new show on rinse last night...stand out tune for me was a Serum cut - think its called Death Metal? Something metal. Maybe heavy metal. Serum is powerful these days for sure. Heard a big Digital & Spirit tune on Chefs show on Kool tonight too...they seem to be very much back in action

Back
Top Bottom