Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot off the press DnB thread

Should have put this on first as it includes the above two tracks. I love this, kept me bopping at bus stops and train stations last week!
Listen to Drum Breaks - Stevie Bear Drum & Bass Frenzy (free download) by DJ Stevie Bear #np on #SoundCloud

Fell in love with DnB again in 2015 and that was very much to do with DM Cut and the Future Thinkin crew's show on Kool London.

Meant to say before now, that Future Thinkin' is my fave show on Kool - started listening after your recommendation ska ;)

I got so very bored with D'n'B for a number of years (especially as whenever I turned on Kool or Origin, it seemed to be that shite which sounds like a high pitched saw and drill), but their selection is proper deep and has really got me listening again.

Did you hear last night's show? Cracking stuff and I don't know whether this is 'hot off the press' or an older tune, but its been proper killing me all day (any ideas?)

Did you hear last night's show? Cracking stuff and I don't know whether this is 'hot off the press' or an older tune, but its been proper killing me all day (any ideas?)

Listening to the lyrics again this morning, this sounds to me like a Future Thinkin' own special. The vibe I get from listening to Future Thinkin' is to D'n'B, what Anti-Social is to dubstep/bass @ska invita

Listening to the lyrics again this morning, this sounds to me like a Future Thinkin' own special. The vibe I get from listening to Future Thinkin' is to D'n'B, what Anti-Social is to dubstep/bass @ska invita
hiya, sorry for slow response, its been a manic one....
ive shazamed that tune, its by Rowpieces and called Unkown Intentions from 2013 :)..I think its a bit of a favourite, Ive heard it played on the show in the past.
There is a Future Thinkin label Future Thinkin
with occasional releases

I did happen to tune on Monday for the first time in a long time, so really funny you bumped this!
When i was tuning in regularly i found a few sets that i think were really perfect and posted them here

Definitely deep selection...the DJ DM Cut goes back to Nightingale 1992 days if not earlier so you get all that history and good taste there I think. They deserve a bigger break I think.
When you download shows from the Kool archives it shows how many downloads there have been and its one of the most downloaded shows by comparison i think...they have a small but faithful following...but yeah, deserve a bigger platform

If you hear a particularly good set at any time in the future please make a note of the date and ill grab it from the archives...i cant keep up on everything id like to with music these days

Its from 2016 but ive only just found it, does that old skool elements in a new skool style thing perfectly, great party tune
unfortunately there is no full version online, and its got lots of changes in it
this has the intro and first break but theres a really great second breakdown section and second drop bit which make the tune...worth seeking out the full versoin

It looks like it might be on Spotify but i can be arsed to sign in to check

Not worth a thread in and of itself I reckon but Spirit has had a heart attack and probably won't survive. He has suffered irreparable brain damage. In a strange twist of fate, he was the last person to work in the studio with Marcus Intalex last year too. :(

Pray for Duncan aka Spirit | DOA | Drum & Bass Forum

He has released so many tunes over the years, not so many dancefloor smashers but he is/was very consistent.

This is probably his biggest tune

Listen to Metalheadz DNB60 with Artificial Intelligence - BBC Radio 1 (January 2015) by Metalheadz #np on #SoundCloud

I'm a bit obsessed by this at the moment!

Last edited:
Not worth a thread in and of itself I reckon but Spirit has had a heart attack and probably won't survive. He has suffered irreparable brain damage. In a strange twist of fate, he was the last person to work in the studio with Marcus Intalex last year too. :(

Pray for Duncan aka Spirit | DOA | Drum & Bass Forum

He has released so many tunes over the years, not so many dancefloor smashers but he is/was very consistent.

This is probably his biggest tune

He died today. R.I.P. Spirit

I've been checking out some female dnb dj's and producers as it's so male orientated and I found these:
Listen to DnB Girls Podcast #01 - Distinct & Mizeyesis by DnB Girls #np on #SoundCloud

and there are 11 more podcasts featuring female producers and dj's.
I'm working my way through them and they feel different - not better just different, but I'm very excited by them. I LOVE MISEYESIS who incidentally is playing at Rupture's 12 th bday in November. I'm trying to organise going ;).
Here's the flyer: Anyone from here going?

I think its been a really strong year this year, found lots of tunes across the styles that are doing it for me...

ive been playing this one a lot recently, mainly as I cant quite put my finger on whether i 100% like it or not, but for sure its boundary pushing and unlike lots of boundary pushers it doesnt leave the dancefloor behind.

I dont really like Current Values tunes on the whole- usually too much nosebleed for me...but this one, and the whole EP in fact, is really interesting - its got the freshness of when Prototype Years dropped...like when Optical really came through in 1997...mixing up Detroit pads and leads with that raw UK thing, with a bit of twistedness on top. Rough with the smooth, i like it like that

if you like that definitely check the EP - its all like that

Last edited:
I think its been a really strong year this year, found lots of tunes across the styles that are doing it for me...

ive been playing this one a lot recently, mainly as I cant quite put my finger on whether i 100% like it or not, but for sure its boundary pushing and unlike lots of boundary pushers it doesnt leave the dancefloor behind.

I dont really like Current Values tunes on the whole- usually too much nosebleed for me...but this one, and the whole EP in fact, is really interesting - its got the freshness of when Prototype Years dropped...like when Optical really came through in 1997...mixing up Detroit pads and leads with that raw UK thing, with a bit of twistedness on top.

if you like that definitely check the EP - its all like that

Yep, Current Value is all a bit too much for me too although I don't mind this one. However I do quite like the latest release on that label

Yep, Current Value is all a bit too much for me too although I don't mind this one. However I do quite like the latest release on that label

likewise also on Souped UP and aslo by Bou, on that Serumesque one big bass note bomb style thing this is big

but that style is getting a bit exhausted I think

that style is getting a bit exhausted I think
Such is the fate of formulaic electronic music, it seems to be particularly common with modern dnb sub genres where all of the producers use the same soft synths. I even liked that twisted individual jump up sound for the first few months. It’s just a shame it was the dominant style for 10 years. I hope this new(ish) jump up fashion doesn’t last anywhere near as long.

Back
Top Bottom