Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot off the press DnB thread

After years of loving dnb I'm only just getting my head round the sub genres. I realise that I like quite a bit of liquid.
Dark ambient- is that a thing?:hmm::oops:

Last edited:
After years of loving dnb I'm only just getting my head round the sub genres. I realise that I like quite a bit of liquid.
Dark ambient- is that a thing?:hmm::oops:

I think you can break it down forever. Just add new adjectives. Liquid, Deep Liquid, Deep and Dark Liquid. ;)

and there's shit loads of good stuff at the moment...

I agree. I've been listening to mainly Drum and Bass at the moment.

This popped up on my feed the other day. I thought it played some really good old flashback tunes and then realised it's 8 years old! Anyway it's a good mix

Listen to Metalheadz Podcast 46 - Jubei & SP:MC by Metalheadz on #SoundCloud

Including this one which I sort of remember but didn't pick up. Like the dub sounds on it.

Here's one from this year at least and it's a banger.

Listen to 1985 Music Podcast - Partition 014 [Mixed by Hyroglifics] by Hyroglifics on #SoundCloud

a couple of favourite from this year so far, all on different tips

Bladerunner totally refreshing a 90s jungle sound

Amsterdams Nymfo on the modern tip - some brilliant bass production on this - sounds amazing at proper weighty volume- love the little fuzzyness on the main bass parts
dubwise
title track is the one

Does anyone remember Danny Byrd? was flavour of the month...gulp twenty years ago now. Anyway he used to bring some garage techniques to DnB - had this great tune called Wishing Well on that tip...this is a bit like that I think - hard to pull off, I think this does:

DnB sounding really great this year i think

Binga and Chimpo

loving this ! nice one

Last edited:
a couple of favourite from this year so far, all on different tips

Bladerunner totally refreshing a 90s jungle sound

Amsterdams Nymfo on the modern tip - some brilliant bass production on this - sounds amazing at proper weighty volume- love the little fuzzyness on the main bass parts
dubwise
title track is the one

Does anyone remember Danny Byrd? was flavour of the month...gulp twenty years ago now. Anyway he used to bring some garage techniques to DnB - had this great tune called Wishing Well on that tip...this is a bit like that I think - hard to pull off, I think this does:

DnB sounding really great this year i think

loving this ! nice one

I've been hammering that Bladerunner tune.

Mr Dubz has done some tunes with those kind of garage/bassline vibes in too, it actually seems like a lot of bassline producers are branching out a bit into dnb, and I think it could bring some interesting stuff with it

Mr Dubz

Venom (venz from OffMeNut)

Flava D

There's more, I just can't think of them all now

Back
Top Bottom