Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Home alarm systems, recommendations please

dessiato

🇪🇸 my spirit is crying for leaving
I'm looking for personal experience of alarm systems/external monitoring please. Either DIY fitted, or professional fitted.

I would like a system that allows monitoring and operation from Europe.

It must be very easy to operate in the property.

Recommendations would also be useful of course.

Burglar alarms?

Edit...I’ll assume you do mean burglar.
Texecom are excellent. They do domestic and commercial grade stuff with commercial having far more options for monitoring and external control etc.

You can control remotely via an app although I don’t have direct experience of this.

Most components are available as wireless as well as wired to allow easier installation.

Due to the comprehensive nature, it would be far better to get professionally specced and installed.

There are other manufacturers that will probably do what you need, possibly cheaper but texecom are more or less industry standard.

Last edited:
For an alarm system I’d deffo go for one monitored from a central station. Although they do have a monthly fee.

You can get CCTV that connects to the internet for remote viewing with motion alerts sent to your phone . Annke are pretty good in the mid price range.

For an alarm system I’d deffo go for one monitored from a central station. Although they do have a monthly fee.

You can get CCTV that connects to the internet for remote viewing with motion alerts sent to your phone . Annke are pretty good in the mid price range.
I've just installed an Amcrest Camera these seem quite good, and not tied using kit from the same manufacturer. (Swann) but I only installed it yesterday so I haven't had a chance to check out all it's features. I'm also going to be using a Raspberry PI and open source software called Shinobi to store the images.

Several houses down my road including our neighbour's had vehicles and sheds broken into. As these crimes occurred in the past when reported to the police, they couldn't be bothered.

Last edited:
I've just installed an Amcrest Camera these seem quite good, and not tied using kit from the same manufacturer. (Swann) but I only installed it yesterday so I haven't had a chance to check out all it's features. I'm also going to be using a Raspberry PI and open source software called Shinobi to store the images.

Several houses down my road including our neighbour's had vehicles and sheds broken into. As these crimes occurred in the past when reported to the police, they couldn't be bothered.

Given the government’s new policy that only crimes taking place in the future will be investigated there should be quite a lot of these coming onto the surplus market…

0EB88F5B-AE7F-49AD-8A50-1074D4F3D86C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom