Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

choochi

Not wanting to be left out of the 'let's all have a local thread' party, I am starting one one for the Herne HIll dwellers. Anyway to kick off...

I overheard some quite vicious comments directed at the boob-tube and mini-skirt wearing transexual yesterday as she was wandering around Herne Hill market. Thankfully she didn't hear it but it wasn't nice to hear. Of course being a bit of a coward I didn't say anything other than to mutter 'live and let live' under my breath.

Why do we have all these hyper-local threads? If something happens in Brockwell park, where do we put it? Or does it depend which entrance to the park?!

I go to the vets every Saturday.

I hope you were already sitting down when you read that. That level of excitement can be very dangerous.

I saw a man who was more or less Gordon Geko last week. Got out of soft top sports car near the station, talking loudly into an ear piece, pink shirt, purple suit, braces. It's gone too far.

I went to Cafe Prov the other week but was quite disappointed with the service - waitress was pretty rude/abrupt (I won't bore you with the full story, but in any case, it was probably just because she was very busy!).
The place does look really nice now they've done it up though (I mean, it was nice before too but just different). I didn't notice if the back was still essentially a playroom as I was by myself that time so had no reason to go looking for the toy box.

Why do we have all these hyper-local threads? If something happens in Brockwell park, where do we put it? Or does it depend which entrance to the park?!

I am pretty much halfway between Brixton and Herne Hill so am going to hover between the two hyper-local threads.

Any news on the Half Moon from anyone? Last I heard there was still insurance wrangling and no one was sure when (or if) it would reopen :(

I went to Cafe Prov the other week but was quite disappointed with the service - waitress was pretty rude/abrupt (I won't bore you with the full story, but in any case, it was probably just because she was very busy!).
The place does look really nice now they've done it up though (I mean, it was nice before too but just different). I didn't notice if the back was still essentially a playroom as I was by myself that time so had no reason to go looking for the toy box.

Service was OK. Pretty good Caf Prov salad. Good wine list

Back
Top Bottom