Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hemel Hempstead away, Easter Monday 10th April 2023

Pink Panther

No trains from Euston to Hemel Hempstead tomorrow, although the ground is 2 miles from the station with no direct bus link, so the alternative of travelling by train via St Albans is more convenient anyway for the public transport users, with cheaper fares too. (The official National Rail Enquiries alternative is to take a train from King's Cross or Moorgate to Potters Bar, then rail replacement bus to Hemel.)

There are frequent Thameslink services to St Albans City via London Bridge and Blackfriars. Bus 302 runs hourly at 54 mins past the hour from St Albans City station forecourt to Adeyfield Vauxhall Road (journey time 24 mins) which is only a couple of hundred yards from the ground. Return buses are at irregular intervals of slightly more than 1 hour, with 1750 being the first one after the final whistle. (Obviously cabs may be preferable for those travelling in groups.)

Operated by Arriva Buses, who seem to be operating the £2 maximum single fare scheme: Arriva Bus

This looks like a great opportunity to reinforce our survival chances with back to back wins. One of the relegation candidates was always likely to grasp the nettle for a 6 points Easter, so it might as well be us! A lot of water seems to have passed under the bridge since we last contested this fixture in August 2021 and came home with a 6-0 win.

6 or so Dulwich fans are cycling from champion hill to hemel hempstead town’s ground Vauxhall road tomorrow.

Raising money for the visit of Altona 93 this July and also the Albrighton Community Fridge.

You can sponsor us here:

Setting off at 9am. Probably in the pissing rain.

6 or so Dulwich fans are cycling from champion hill to hemel hempstead town’s ground Vauxhall road tomorrow.

Raising money for the visit of Altona 93 this July and also the Albrighton Community Fridge.

You can sponsor us here:

Setting off at 9am. Probably in the pissing rain.

Done. Didn't know about this. Good stuff.

Cheshunt v Worthing postponed which is good news for us as I think Cheshunt will have to fit that game in during the last week of the season so 3 games in 7 days for them and gives us an opportunity to put more points between them and us.

Hemel unbeaten in 5.

We had a bit of a nightmare and had to cut the ride short half way.
Walter will continue to do rides and walks between now and July.

Wasn't there but applaud the team selection, and hope that it helped make the second half surpass the first in quality. A good point, and almost 3.

A bummer to concede such a late equaliser, bundled in from a corner with everyone in our box including their keeper. I'd probably have settled for a point though, when Grainger had to go off injured with 15 + stoppages to go. (Not impressed by the minority of home supporters audibly jeering off an obviously injured player.)

First half was completely ruined by a gale force wind in our favour, which thankfully dropped a bit for the second half, allowing some more constructive play. A very erratic referee added another element of uncertainty with some poor decisions. Superb goal with Crichlow released on the left and picking out Ming to slot home from the edge of the 6 yard box. Mills was desperately unlucky not to make it 2-0 with a lob from the right that came back off the underside of the bar and narrowly eluded Crichlow.

A team playing like this really shouldn't be worrying about relegation but we obviously need some more wins from the four remaining games and Grainger's injury may be a worry. He seemed to get caught late by a forward after leaving his area to make a clearance, initially soldiered on, then had to come off after another 10 minutes or so.

Yes disappointing finish to a good performance. So much better than the Dartford game. Holland makes a big difference and Lawless , Crichlow and Felix are all clever nippy players. During the game we had another 3 or 4 chances that we couldn't quite convert and Mills against the bar was so unlucky and to bounce away from the follow up player Crichlow?.
The equaliser had an inevitability about it. Keeper just on , swirling wind and they through every one in the mix. Confident we can get the points we need although I see Weymouth won. Although Grainger's injury looked bad and he will be a big miss.

Furious with the challenge from their number 10 on Charlie, he left his foot in on him deliberately, ref didn’t spot it but JL and I certainly did. Very dirty and disgusting behaviour. Also feel we drew that in spite of the performance from the ref.

Feels like we lost with that late goal but I am very happy with four points this weekend, if we’d have scored the leveller we’d all be ecstatic. Team ground that out in testing conditions, it felt like East Thurrock at times

Can you sign an emergency keeper outside of the deadline period? I had a vague notion that you could.

Not that I feel Jones is a definite no no. I thought he played well v Oxford and made some smart saves. He's got a bit more physique than the typical 18 year old keeper, fresh from XYZ academy. Just wondered if it might give us another option.

Can you sign an emergency keeper outside of the deadline period? I had a vague notion that you could.

Not that I feel Jones is a definite no no. I thought he played well v Oxford and made some smart saves. He's got a bit more physique than the typical 18 year old keeper, fresh from XYZ academy. Just wondered if it might give us another option.
You can if the league approves it. Someone in one of the other leagues recently had what sounded like a reasonable request refused, I think it may have been Sittingbourne. Even if Hakan is happy to start with Jones, I'd have thought we're entitled to bring someone else in to sit on the bench if Grainger can't play.

You can if the league approves it. Someone in one of the other leagues recently had what sounded like a reasonable request refused, I think it may have been Sittingbourne. Even if Hakan is happy to start with Jones, I'd have thought we're entitled to bring someone else in to sit on the bench if Grainger can't play.
National League decision making is famously reasonable and rational of course.

Most leagues rules say short term loan signings (maximum seven days typically) are only permitted if all available senior keepers are medically certified as unfit. Given Jones has already played and is believed to be available, Dulwich don't seem to meet the normal criteria.

Obviously this is the National League. It may turn out they've forgotten to pass a rule about this too.

Maybe we'll be lucky and perhaps Charlie won't be out for the remaining games after all? It looked like he'd have to come off as soon as he was injured, Aaron was already stripped off and ready to come on, then Charlie resumed and looked more or less OK for a while.

Who of the outfield players would go in, if no other alternative.
Love an outfield player in goal, worth the admission alone.

Just watched Bradley Quinton's (Hemel manager) disrespectful post march interview. Apparently they should have won easily and we " should be burying Dulwich Hamlets". Although he later added that he wished he had our resources.

Back
Top Bottom