Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Heating help

friendofdorothy

Solidarity against neoliberalism!
Central heating has stopped work. Not sure when gas engineer can attend.

Meanwhile does any one know how to use this wall thingy? I assume it's a heater, but it only has the fire light no heat.

Thanks all.

Was on my knees, cleaning on the floor in the corner next to the elecy fire thing. Turns out there are tiny, tiny black buttons, on the side really low down, and they turned it on! They are barely bumps and totally invisible when standing. Smelled very dusty but seemed to work

Good news, the Gas chap has been and boiler did just need pressure adjusting - showed us how to adjust it with the thing that doesn't look at all like an inlet tap. Heating! Which is just as well, as it's been snowing all day.

If your pressure has dropped then you might have a leak somewhere. Keep an eye on it and see if it goes down again.

(I am not a plumber)

Thank you again that manual just came in very handy.

We are redecorating and needed to remove it from the wall. We are going to get rid of it if anyone wants it - will freecycle it if we can. We haven't used it since January so it still smells a tad dusty.
Thought for a second you'd taken the gas boiler off to decorate. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom