Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Haverfordwest man disappears after Six Nations match

existentialist

Tired and unemotional
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21319218

A lot of local concern about this - I've seen a lot of people posting his photo on my Facebook newsfeed, but didn't pay much attention until I got an email to say that the local GP surgery has been approached by his employers (he works at the LNG installation in South Hook) to provide some kind of counselling service as so many of his colleagues are distressed and upset.

It's always a shock to me how many people are affected by these things - a couple of years ago, four people were killed in an explosion at the Texaco refinery, and the ripples from that are still going on.

:(

I hope they find him. Alive. I'm not confident...

hope he is found or turns up himself
not being harsh but it's only been 2 days since Sat when he went missing hasn't it?
why not confident?

hope he is found or turns up himself
not being harsh but it's only been 2 days since Sat when he went missing hasn't it?
why not confident?
Not sure. There seems to have been a rash of young(ish) men disappearing in South Wales and turning up in rivers or docks, lately - you kind of expect them to turn up 24 hours later, sober and shamefaced, but if it goes longer than that...

But you're right - it's too early for pessimism!

If and when he turns up, his wife is going to give him such hell! (that's me being hopeful).

Lot of worry around these parts at the moment.

Further to my speculation about Lawrenny ave if he did go down there he could have ended up down near the river ely where all that waste ground and scrubland is. Easy to get lost down there in the dark especially if you don't know Cardiff and you are pissed. A mate on Facebook who lives in Canton says the OB still have helicopter out atm.

Just found out this guy was at my sister's wedding so I've probably met him - my brother in law has been over in Cardiff a couple of days this week helping with the search - still no progress as of last night. :(

I learned the other day that his wife has a connection with one of my workplaces, which shouldn't make a difference to how I feel about it, but does.

Search has moved to the bay now... Sadly when people go missing in Cardiff it often ends there - so so sad his family must be going through hell

Oh, I wondered if he'd been found :( Seems to be a few blokes gone missing lately(2/3 young lads in Scotland atm). Maybe you just notice it more because people put it on fb, etc.

Here the chopper was up and buzzing all day and loads of people/police searching... He was last seen quite some distance from the city centre so it was a more unusual disappearance.. It didn't follow the pattern that often happens here.i think that did lead to hopes he would be located in someone's garden etc..

Back
Top Bottom