Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hastings! Where to eat, drink and be merry

I'm going to St Leonards this weekend and am looking for decent places to eat or takeaway. Any suggestions welcome.

I'm going to St Leonards this weekend and am looking for decent places to eat or takeaway. Any suggestions welcome.
Heist Market - lots of different food there, it's great
Farmyard - delicious eat in meals and beer, wine. Also fancy
Galleria fancy but tasty.
Half man half burger does a good selection of veggie vegan burger based foods
The Royal by the Station fancy pub grub

Can I just say 10years later I LOVE HASTINGS, go there a couple of times a year minimum. St Leonard's too. Loads going on and places to go.

Really love the Jolly Fisherman for beers, The Crown for food n beer, Seed for tapas, Brewing Bros @ the Imperial for beer and pizza, Twelve Hundred Postcards micropub for beer, The Prince Albert for beer and food. Dogs available at all these locations.

Heist Market - lots of different food there, it's great
Farmyard - delicious eat in meals and beer, wine. Also fancy
Galleria fancy but tasty.
Half man half burger does a good selection of veggie vegan burger based foods
The Royal by the Station fancy pub grub
Thanks Callie, that's a great selection.

Maggot - this place still appears to be open - it was really nice when I went a few years ago.
It's very cool that they're still there. That place is very close to where I used to live and it opened up when I was there. Used to eat there quite a bit and it was always empty. Owners are extremely nice people and I'm pleased for them. :)

We had a great time. Farmyard was fully booked in the evenings, so we went to Mama Putts, which was most enjoyeable, so thanks for the recommendation oryx .

Loads going on, including some kind of street festival in Kings Road.
Glad you liked it! (and that it's still going).

A bit late for the 22 visit, but who knows if someone is going this summer? Anyway the Seadog (near Hastings station) has impressed when I've been nearby. The FILO pub on High Street also serves up interesting nosh. And the quality of fish n chips on the front (various) always delivers - why can't they do the same in London?

A bit late for the 22 visit, but who knows if someone is going this summer? Anyway the Seadog (near Hastings station) has impressed when I've been nearby. The FILO pub on High Street also serves up interesting nosh. And the quality of fish n chips on the front (various) always delivers - why can't they do the same in London?
I do at least an annual visit to Hastings! But usually many more times been twice this year already and heading back for the Hastings Tap Take Over in early October. If you like the seadog beer angle you might like the TTO!

Love the seadog, new kids on the block. Nice variety of craft beer and their food is tasty.

I do at least an annual visit to Hastings! But usually many more times been twice this year already and heading back for the Hastings Tap Take Over in early October. If you like the seadog beer angle you might like the TTO!

Love the seadog, new kids on the block. Nice variety of craft beer and their food is tasty.
I've been going down there fairly regularly recently with the bh, as she likes being near the sea, and I like the live music venues (of which there seem to be plenty - in Hastings old town, but also around St Leonards London Road area). I've started calling the place Britain's New Orleans....well it did have a major flood back in err 1287... Only 1 hr 20 from London Bridge, so very convenient. Still surprised it doesn't have a Starbucks, but maybe that's an advantage. ;)

I don't think the Jolly Fisherman has been mentioned. Great little bar on the seafront with a top selection of beers. Not sure if it still does food.

E2A I see Callie mentioned it earlier, Oh well it deserves another one.

Hastings Pirate Day is good fun, similar vibe to Jack In The Green ie everyone gets dressed up and spends all day drinking.
15/16th July this year.

Discovered The Stag Inn when I went to it last year which is a lovely pub, make sure you check out the garden too (and the dead cats).

Last edited:
I’m now wondering how easy it will be to get to Hastings for the day when I’m down visiting my dad in august, will need a bus to Ashford and then the train… I quite fancy a few pubs and some fish n chips

I don't think the Jolly Fisherman has been mentioned. Great little bar on the seafront with a top selection of beers. Not sure if it still does food.

E2A I see Callie mentioned it earlier, Oh well it deserves another one.
They know me and my partner in there now we've been in so much 😂 it's definitely our Hastings local

Had lunch at Farmyard yesterday. Really good food and interesting wine list. Quite pricey, but so are most places these days.

I'm planning a trip down to see Hastings Town, drink in the nice pubs and pretend I'm Jonathan Meades. Hastings was apparently the epitome of Bohemian living in 1990.

Back
Top Bottom