Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Finsbury Park gig-where to stay?

Thought I’d update in case anyone is looking in the future.

After booking a premier inn a few miles out and regretting it I managed to get a cancellation at the Highbury Best Western opposite the park.
It’s a bit shabby and the breakfast would get slated on the FEB thread but it was the perfect location with parking for a tenner.
:thumbs:

Getting out was crazy but then it was two minutes to our hotel rather than a massive queue for cabs/tubes/trains.
We walked back which was much the best option. Took ages and ages to get out though.
We didn’t bother trying to get to an after party.

As for Finsbury Park. Really nice venue but the bar queues were absolutely mental so we made do with the spirits we’d hidden in our bras and mixers from the ice cream vans.
Yes, the queues for the bar were ridiculous and really badly organised.

I spent 50 minutes queuing for merch which was so badly staffed it was unreal. I was trying to buy stuff online in the queue but what I wanted had sold out.
Meh. Couple of other things. Really poor/no phone reception (on Vodafone anyway) and given you needed internet access to get your ticket (you can't download or screen grab or whatever), that was all pretty stressful. Loads of folk wandering about outside looking for reception.

The loos were also a lot better than anticipated. (Maybe cos it was so bloody hard to get a drink... 🤣)

Obviously Pulp were incredible.
So, so good. ❤️

:thumbs:

We walked back which was much the best option. Took ages and ages to get out though.

Yes, the queues for the bar were ridiculous and really badly organised.

Meh. Couple of other things. Really poor/no phone reception (on Vodafone anyway) and given you needed internet access to get your ticket (you can't download or screen grab or whatever), that was all pretty stressful. Loads of folk wandering about outside looking for reception.

The loos were also a lot better than anticipated. (Maybe cos it was so bloody hard to get a drink... 🤣)

So, so good. ❤️
My phone signal was fine mostly. Yes loos were surprisingly good.

Having waiting a very long time I spent nearly 60 quid on merch so I felt it was worth the wait. 😄

I’m so achy today. Hours in the car, lots of walking, bed too soft.

So happy though, what a night. 😊

• Love
Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom