Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has Chrome become a bit pants ?

gentlegreen

I hummus, therefore I am ...
For quite a while it's been my go-to browser for video streams, but it's now banging on the stops in terms of CPU ...

I can't notice any difference between Edge and Firefox...

I‘ve been using safari lately. It’s as good as anything from my point of view.

For quite a while it's been my go-to browser for video streams, but it's now banging on the stops in terms of CPU ...

I can't notice any difference between Edge and Firefox...
Yup. I imported all my stuff to Firefox a couple of weeks ago.

Chrome has been shit for years in terms of memory usage. I use Firefox. If I need to use chrome I use chromium.

The ‘new edge’ is also based of chromium.

^^^this^^^

I've got 7 browsers installed now due to reasons - one of them being the assertion in the OP.

Depends what I'm doing - what the website is - whether it plays nice with browser A, B or G etc.

I'm liking Brave at the moment - also based on Chromium - haven't tried Chromium itself yet, though.

While the new edge browser is quite good, sorry Ms you missed the boat in 2001 and you gave us ie6

I use Opera because it's got a built in VPN you can turn on or off. Lots of banned websites here in Turkey.

I quite like Opera and the VPN feature is useful, but I must admit, I don't like it quite enough to switch over fully to it except on my phone. On my desktop and laptop Firefox is still my browser of choice.

While the new edge browser is quite good, sorry Ms you missed the boat in 2001 and you gave us ie6

Yeah, I got over myself though and now use it pretty much all the time at work.

Also, bloody hell, hello Sunray!

I've just started using Chromium for urban - I've got loads of cookie deleters and adblockers on Firefox which mean I can't watch half of the videos hosted from other sites. That'll be pretty well all I use it for though, I really like Firefox and the people who run it.

My install of Chrome has stopped loading pages today. Nothing's been changed. Just 'processing request' for ever and ever.
Works fine if I use it in incognito mode - which is a pain.

Any suggestions?
/from Firefox/

Chrome's been shit on android too lately. I've never bothered using anything else on a phone though.

Crashes, slow, doesn't load some pages etc.
The preview builds of the rewrite are much snappier but still unstable.

Back
Top Bottom