Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

didn't realise the carnival was on :facepalm:

Parking chaos approaches in my manor - starting from Weds, they are doing loads of works on various roads meaning no parking for days at a stretch on about 40 roads close to Clapton station - which means moving your car to a road that isn't being worked on and doesn't have parking restrictions:hmm: I've moved mine early doors - threats of removal and fines all over the place :eek: my road is still packed with cars :facepalm:

road work update - saw a car removal lorry thing in the road this morning - spoke to one of the parking czars :D they were there to move the cars from one side of the road to the other side - so they could tarmac one side - then they will move the cars to the newly tarmacked side and do the other side of the road - :cool: CPZ is coming as well which is good news since we are one of the relatively few streets in Hackney without a CPZ , which makes parking a little difficult sometimes

More positively:

dmpn0ffw4aajzag.jpg

Roots, Rhythms & Records: The sounds and stories of African and Caribbean music in Hackney

Hackney Museum: 4 October 2018 – 16 March 2019

“From making beats in bedrooms to performing on stage, enjoying sounds in shebeens to looking sharp for the club, this exhibition explores the history of African and Caribbean music in Hackney.

Through stories of musical innovation, distribution and enjoyment, this exhibition celebrates the impact of African and Caribbean music in Hackney and beyond.

Join us for the exhibition launch on Thursday 4th October, from 6pm. Free, please RSVP here: https://bit.ly/2Cg0a2H

FREE

Hackney Museum
Ground Floor
Technology and Learning Centre
1 Reading Lane
E8 1GQ

Visiting the museum | Hackney Council

I've helped a bit with this and it should be great.

Just been to the opening night of this and it’s really really good. Need to go back when it’s not rammed.

Here they come...We all knew they would...

The planned eviction of over 20 traders from the Ridley Road Shopping Village with just two weeks’ notice is a fiasco.

Traders were initially told that they had until 31 December before vacating the building.

They are now being told by the landlord that the Community Protection Notice served by Dalston Police means that they have only a few days left. Their leave date is Friday 26 October.

Sign the Petition

I never usually recommend bars as I generally hate them, but i make an exception for Helgi's on mare street, a few doors down from the Dolphin. They have kind of made a berlin-style punk dive bar.... real friendly and fun, and not ridiculous prices, dj playing good punk/glam etc, open till 2... it was a good night out, I recommend a visit.

I never usually recommend bars as I generally hate them, but i make an exception for Helgi's on mare street, a few doors down from the Dolphin. They have kind of made a berlin-style punk dive bar.... real friendly and fun, and not ridiculous prices, dj playing good punk/glam etc, open till 2... it was a good night out, I recommend a visit.
were you there yesterday? i popped in for half hour at bout 10 ad then again at 1. didnt see you....

And the people who run it do seem great, if its the people who were behind the bar?
it's the tash dude and the witchy tattoo woman. they live upstairs as well. they are very nice.
Dunno how we missed each other.... I guess it was pretty busy, its pretty small tho... was sat at table in front of decks mainly
i was working across the road and popped in for break beers, stood by the bar towards the back.

I appear to have missed this personalised, pretenious approach to buying and selling property in 2015.

12308522_10153977133151756_2483000649889034893_n.jpg
being as a 1 bed flat in a victorian house in hackney can go for up to £500k, she'll pocket *at least* a million quid for flogging her home

i would advise potential sellees therefore look for at least £650-700k from her.

noone told me that the Shanghai dim sum place on kingsland road had shut down to become a "creative hub"

I guess I can't have been there for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom