Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

Sounds just your kind of thing, marty21!

'Baanq Ltd already runs one “immersive molecular cocktail bar” out of a camper van in Hackney Road named ABQ, and wants to open another off the top of Mare Street, in Bohemia Place.

Events at the bar, inspired by the crystal meth lab in the hit TV show, are based around the “mixing and infusing of drinks in innovative ways”."

ron_hope.jpg

Ron Hope (pictured 30-odd years later), later Inspector Ron Hope, can be seen in photographs of the Colin Roach protests in 1983 pretending to be one of the demonstrators. He may have served alongside Spence.​

Ron Hope (pictured 30-odd years later), later Inspector Ron Hope, can be seen in photographs of the Colin Roach protests in 1983 pretending to be one of the demonstrators. He may have served alongside Spence.​

Thank you that's very interesting - and something that should be more widely known I think. Are there any photos from the protests with him in available online? (or other sources?)

Sounds just your kind of thing, marty21!

'Baanq Ltd already runs one “immersive molecular cocktail bar” out of a camper van in Hackney Road named ABQ, and wants to open another off the top of Mare Street, in Bohemia Place.

Events at the bar, inspired by the crystal meth lab in the hit TV show, are based around the “mixing and infusing of drinks in innovative ways”."
I'll give it a miss :D

Ion , we had a street party on our street yesterday, I say , we , but we weren't actually there , we went to Suffolk for the weekend, had booked this months ago (mrs21's birthday treat) . Apparently it went very well :cool:

Thank you that's very interesting - and something that should be more widely known I think. Are there any photos from the protests with him in available online? (or other sources?)

The evidence in question was part of a public (and local) exhibition organised by the Late Lester Lewis of Hackney Black Peoples Association some years ago. Former Metropolitan Police officer, Ron Hope, was clearly shown.

Those who inherited custody of Hackney Black Peoples Association's materials will be able to assist you, if former Metropolitan Police officer, Ron Hope, is for some reason unable to assist researchers into the topic.

The evidence in question was part of a public (and local) exhibition organised by the Late Lester Lewis of Hackney Black Peoples Association some years ago. Former Metropolitan Police officer, Ron Hope, was clearly shown.

Those who inherited custody of Hackney Black Peoples Association's materials will be able to assist you, if former Metropolitan Police officer, Ron Hope, is for some reason unable to assist researchers into the topic.
Who inherited it - or were the documents, as archivists say, dispersed?

I went down well street yesterday for the anti racism street party, it was the best event I've been to in london for yeaaars. Top sound systems (disco, roots, and modern dub/jungle), 8pm finish, rum punch, all round good vibez.
it was a great event :)

Though I did get a bike nicked through failing to lock it up properly. Muppet.

it was a great event :)

Though I did get a bike nicked through failing to lock it up properly. Muppet.
I didn't have a clue about it being on until the day, it was a great surprise! It was the kind of thing that doesn't hardly ever happen in london any more, a little community party, no corporate sponsership, no police, 4 yr olds up to 80 yr olds all enjoying it.

I didn't have a clue about it being on until the day, it was a great surprise! It was the kind of thing that doesn't hardly ever happen in london any more, a little community party, no corporate sponsership, no police, 4 yr olds up to 80 yr olds all enjoying it.
Cant see it posted online either....keeping it undercover...good move but would like to know about it next year!

Back
Top Bottom