Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Great set of photos of the 1980s London Underground when you could drink and smoke

Yep, Heart of the Angel - it is on youtube - can't access youtube at work, will link later - you see me emerge from the station at the beginning, after the scene set in the life - with a female mate - I am chewing a pen :cool: wearing a shirt and tie!

I think I've seen it before. Pretty sure you linked to it in another thread. Will go and have a look

Love this one, anyone know which station it is?

61.jpg
could be the auld angel station

Anyway, despite me saying it could be one of the Claphams, it probably is Angel. I can't see any clock on the Clapham ones (although I haven't actually looked for an old picture to see if the Clapham ones ever had a clock)

tube010_2.jpg

I could swear blind that the guy on the right is my pa! I was just flicking through the collection when I caught sight of a familiar profile- the more I look at it the more certain I am getting.

i'll need to ask him if he recognises the other people.

tube010_2.jpg

I could swear blind that the guy on the right is my pa! I was just flicking through the collection when I caught sight of a familiar profile- the more I look at it the more certain I am getting.

i'll need to ask him if he recognises the other people.
it's unlikely: it's more than 20 years ago and it might prove difficult to recognise someone after all that time when they're holding their head in their hands.

it's unlikely: it's more than 20 years ago and it might prove difficult to recognise someone after all that time when they're holding their head in their hands.

yeh true! but the guy in blue looks like he is wearing a rugby-top : he played rugby in that period so ...... yeh circumstantial.

the thing that is making me not able to put this away is a scar in the hairline that is in the same place.

Why the need to drink on the Tube? It's rather vulgar tbh, some scruffy oik sitting there with a can of Fosters.
just the other day during the heatwave I saw a bunch of people with glasses of beer get on the tube at embankment - defiance of a law they probably didn't know existed
Glasses of Beer? From a pub?

Fantastic pics,can remember how wonderfully grotty LU was compared with the current sanitised era
Yes, because it's better to have a dreay dirty Tube rather than a nice clean one. :facepalm:

just the other day during the heatwave I saw a bunch of people with glasses of beer get on the tube at embankment - defiance of a law they probably didn't know existed

Why the need to drink on the Tube? It's rather vulgar tbh, some scruffy oik sitting there with a can of Fosters.

Yes, because it's better to have a dreay dirty Tube rather than a nice clean one. :facepalm:

*blows raspberry

Back
Top Bottom